The Student Room Group

How to do well in AS Level with just three months of revision?

So I have three months till my AS exams, and I wan to know if I can complete all my revision and do well in AS. Keep in mind that I did poorly as my mocks with a 3 U's and a D as I do zero revision for them.

Scroll to see replies

Past papers, past papers, past papers.
Do them, get them marked. Identify your weaknesses and do more study/extra questions from textbook etc. in that area.
Original post by Ice-cube
So I have three months till my AS exams, and I wan to know if I can complete all my revision and do well in AS. Keep in mind that I did poorly as my mocks with a 3 U's and a D as I do zero revision for them.

Did you attend all your classes?
You have plenty of time to smash them. Start fixing up now and you will be fine...
Original post by Lemon Haze
You have plenty of time to smash them. Start fixing up now and you will be fine...

I wouldn't be too sure of that.
Yep its not too late put your head down from now follow the spec and do past papers...
All the best!:h:
Reply 6
Original post by ploopyploop
Did you attend all your classes?

Yes I attended all the classes.
Reply 7
Original post by haj101
Yep its not too late put your head down from now follow the spec and do past papers...
All the best!:h:

Thank you.
Reply 8
Original post by Lemon Haze

Thanks. Nice name:gthumb::leaf:
Reply 9
Learn the content then bang out bare past papers . It's not too late you can do this 💪🏽.
Reply 10

What do you think is the best thing to do in this case?
Reply 11
Original post by samerf
Learn the content then bang out bare past papers . It's not too late you can do this 💪🏽.

Thank you.

Now why do you have to be like that ffs, dont spread those neggy vibes !!
Reply 13
Would past papers still be helpful seeing as the structure and spec for A levels have now changed?
I'm in the same sinking boat as you guys
Original post by longking
Now why do you have to be like that ffs, dont spread those neggy vibes !!

What do you think is the best thing to do in this case?

3 months is more than enough if you're committed. If you study properly, and I mean properly (no more moments of "burn out" or "procrastination"), then it would be kind of hard to imagine anyone achieving under a B. Honestly for 3 months if you were deliberately studying I would expect at least an A.
My teacher told me to start revising 5 days ago - 3 months is not long but long enough to cover everything.

I've started revising for 4-6 hours a day every week including weekends.
Yes I attended all the classes.

If that is so then how come UUUD? Just by osmosis and memory you shouldn't have done that bad. Not even close.
If that is so then how come UUUD? Just by osmosis and memory you shouldn't have done that bad. Not even close.

Maybe he didn't put much into his revising and IS going to for these following 3 months.
Original post by Onlychantele
Maybe he didn't put much into his revising and IS going to for these following 3 months.

Getting UUUD should be net to impossible even without revising at all. If you attended the classes (and stayed awake) enough of the material should have sunk in to get maybe a B and certainly C grades.

Quick Reply

Latest