The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Story of my life *sighs* always the single one
Original post by stefano865
Cool. :biggrin:

Let me know if you get on.

Really hope you find a good guy.

Put yourself out there and it should happen.

Do you want kids out of interest?

Eventually. My eggs aren't getting any younger.

Original post by Impressive
If you're going to wait nothing will change, except your age.

Spoiler

Good luck with trying new things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Original post by morgan8002
Is there any cultural significance to this misspelling?

No, just a bit of tongue in cheek humour, making light hearted humour of my own situation.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. In response to your suggestions:

A) Appearence - if I was unattractive, I wouldn't be pulling guys. People have always said I've got a good personality, even my manager said I've got a good personality when I had my performance review.

B) I don't have high standards at all. Ok I don't accept any old rubbish but I'm not stuck up or am I picky. I'm very easy going & believe whatever comes my way I accept & work with. I'm not one of those girls from Take Me Out who are so stuck up its unreal.

C) Never had previous chances. All encounters with guys have either been dates or FwB situations or play thing while gf is busy!

D) Spot on! I think this is the issue; I get lured in by these guys, I think they're genuine & then BAM I get **** on! I don't know how else to sift them out :dontknow:

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll just keep doing me / life & just wait it out I guess. I just don't want to get to 50, & be a cat lady with grey wire like hair. :-(
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DancinBallerina
Eventually. My eggs aren't getting any younger.

This is a famous article.

Worth a read if you eventually want kids. :wink:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/03/marry-him/306651/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 84
. . .I turn 30 in 2 wks, and I am YET to have a proper relationship. I have been on dates, had FwB situations, but all the guys I date never ever want to progress anything. I have tried online, blind dates, bars, people in the work place, friends of friends, but nothing works.

I don't dress provocatively, I believe I am a fun, bubbly, friendly person with a good personality, woman with career in progression, I'm independent, have my own property. So I don't get where I am going wrong. People tell me someone somewhere will sweep you off your feet . . they've been saying that for the past 10 years, and I am still no further forward.

So ladies I want to know what is the 'nack' to getting a bf / relationship?

You haven't tried me :wink:

Honestly, it just sounds like you aren't going for the right guys
Thanks for taking the time to respond. In response to your suggestions:

A) Appearence - if I was unattractive, I wouldn't be pulling guys. People have always said I've got a good personality, even my manager said I've got a good personality when I had my performance review.

B) I don't have high standards at all. Ok I don't accept any old rubbish but I'm not stuck up or am I picky. I'm very easy going & believe whatever comes my way I accept & work with. I'm not one of those girls from Take Me Out who are so stuck up its unreal.

C) Never had previous chances. All encounters with guys have either been dates or FwB situations or play thing while gf is busy!

D) Spot on! I think this is the issue; I get lured in by these guys, I think they're genuine & then BAM I get **** on! I don't know how else to sift them out :dontknow:

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll just keep doing me / life & just wait it out I guess. I just don't want to get to 50, & be a cat lady with grey wire like hair. :-(

Anything else you haven't mentioned?

Are you 6'2?

That could explain it. :tongue:
Keep going to as many social events as possible
Original post by Andy98
You haven't tried me :wink:

Honestly, it just sounds like you aren't going for the right guys

For the past 10years?....

Anything else you haven't mentioned?

Are you 6'2?

That could explain it. :tongue:

I'm 5ft 9...so quite tall. But I've never let my height make me feel insecure and etc. If anything it's a plus as men see it as tall = long legs! Lol

Original post by shawn_o1
Keep going to as many social events as possible

Will keep plodding on.....:-), thanks

I'm 5ft 9...so quite tall. But I've never let my height make me feel insecure and etc. If anything it's a plus as men see it as tall = long legs! Lol

Will keep plodding on.....:-), thanks

Long legs. :awesome:

I suppose a woman your height often wants a man 6'+. You may be narrowing your options.

Average men like me (5'10) often want women much shorter than you.

Just a thought. It could be significant. Especially on dating websites. :wink:
Reply 89

It's possible. Although you sound awesome, and I would probably consider dating you irl

Posted from TSR Mobile
. . .I turn 30 in 2 wks, and I am YET to have a proper relationship. I have been on dates, had FwB situations, but all the guys I date never ever want to progress anything. I have tried online, blind dates, bars, people in the work place, friends of friends, but nothing works.

I don't dress provocatively, I believe I am a fun, bubbly, friendly person with a good personality, woman with career in progression, I'm independent, have my own property. So I don't get where I am going wrong. People tell me someone somewhere will sweep you off your feet . . they've been saying that for the past 10 years, and I am still no further forward.

So ladies I want to know what is the 'nack' to getting a bf / relationship?

maybe your too independant if you understand what I'm saying learn to depend on a man or someone a little more
Long legs. :awesome:

I suppose a woman your height often wants a man 6'+. You may be narrowing your options.

Average men like me (5'10) often want women much shorter than you.

Just a thought. It could be significant. Especially on dating websites. :wink:

Last guy I was seeing for 6mths (that ended because he didn't know what he wanted), he was 5ft 10. So yes I'm tall, but I'm not all about going for the tall men.
Original post by Andy98
It's possible. Although you sound awesome, and I would probably consider dating you irl

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :-)

Original post by Xenon17
maybe your too independant if you understand what I'm saying learn to depend on a man or someone a little more

Someone said that to me last year.....a guy in fact who appeared on the Channel 4 show , First Dates. He said I'm a bit intimidating because I'm independent. Surely that's a good thing though? Just a bi odd!!
Original post by Foo.mp3
True, although you forgot the other key ingredient..

Spoiler

....which I'm not!
I've never had a proper relationship really that wasn't when I was younger only random flings so I would like to know the answer too 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching this thread because this will be me in 10 years :lol:

:cry: :getmecoat:
Last guy I was seeing for 6mths (that ended because he didn't know what he wanted), he was 5ft 10. So yes I'm tall, but I'm not all about going for the tall men.

I guess considering men shorter than you would further widen your options. :wink:
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Watching this thread because this will be me in 10 years :lol:

:cry: :getmecoat:

:jumphug:

No it won't. :wink:
Original post by isabellacappio
I've never had a proper relationship really that wasn't when I was younger only random flings so I would like to know the answer too 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hang out in places guys like me hang out. :wink:
Some people struggle to find love more than others. I'm sure you'll find your Prince Charming eventually. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending