The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sara0928
Oh I am sorry about your rejection :frown: my heart dropped when I read you've been rejected. Keele is my only hope left. Will be so upset if I get rejected too. Do you mind if i ask what your stats are..? Big good luck for Cardiff!

Same. Good look to you! I hope we both hear soon :smile:
Original post by morotibaby88
Stay encouraged, there's still hope for you!
I don't mind at all, my stats are

BBB at A level
600 Band 2 UKCAT
Predicted a 2:1 in Biomedical Science
I didn't take GCSEs but have American qualifications which I hope didn't let me down.

They said my score wasn't high enough so maybe they're referring to my roles and responsibilities form. I can't ask for feedback until April though.

Like I said, stay encouraged, it's not over til it's over!

Thank you so so much for sharing. My stats are very similar. I am losing hope fast! I am gutted for you and everyone else who have been rejected. I really hope you get into Cardiff. But your A levels and degree are looking fab so even if you don't get in this year, defoz stay positive and reapply next year.
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Same. Good look to you! I hope we both hear soon :smile:

Thank you :smile: Bigggg good luck to you too. We are in almost identical situation. I hope we both (and everyone else!!!!) hear good news. I have been going crazy refreshing my emails but now I am scared to even look :/ Keep me posted and I will too.
Original post by WALMO
I'll take one for the team and give them a call as I only called once haha, any questions people want me to ask?

Thanks dude :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by WALMO
I'll take one for the team and give them a call as I only called once haha, any questions people want me to ask?

You are awesome. Thanks a lot!!! :smile: I am so confused by this entire application process. So i'll be happy to know any information you find out!
Thank you :smile: Bigggg good luck to you too. We are in almost identical situation. I hope we both (and everyone else!!!!) hear good news. I have been going crazy refreshing my emails but now I am scared to even look :/ Keep me posted and I will too.

Yes me too! I think some applicants can be quite selfish but on this thread I really feel like everyone wants everyone else to do well which I really love. I honestly wish we could all have a place! And I hope everyone gets somewhere at least because we all deserve it :smile: well done everyone for even getting this far
Rejection email from the uni then track an hour later then an email about how great keele is-Dw I unsubscribed
Happy I have one offer for medicine though
Rejection

Stats:
BBB at a Level
1st and a Masters in Biology related subject
UKCAT 712.5 band 1

Assume it was because of the roles and responsibilities doc - to be fair I didn't put a lot of effort in as Keele was a way down my preference list. Doesn't really matter because I have an offer at my first choice, but thought I would post this anyway!

Edit: For those applying next year - put lots of effort into R&R doc, it seems to be weighted quite heavily.
Yes me too! I think some applicants can be quite selfish but on this thread I really feel like everyone wants everyone else to do well which I really love. I honestly wish we could all have a place! And I hope everyone gets somewhere at least because we all deserve it :smile: well done everyone for even getting this far

I feel exactly the same! I always thought applicants were selfish etc because it's extremely competitive but people are so understanding and kind on here. I believe it's because we express our genuine thoughts and all of us can relate!! Just seen comments on people with amazing stats being rejected. So it must be to do with the R&R form. It's frustrating because I have no idea whether what I wrote was indeed what they are looking for/good enough :/
Reply 989
So information I got was:

-several hundred people on 'hold'
- 120 interviews , maybe a few more left to give out.
-going to send out interviews/rejections to all still waiting in the next few days.

Hope this helps!

Ps. With regards to giving offers post interview they couldn't really say
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WALMO

-going to send out interviews/rejections to all still waiting in the next few days.

Hope this helps!

Wow! Thank you for sharing that information, at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! 😬
Original post by WALMO

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! When you say 120 interviews, maybe a few more...Did they mean another 120 or more interview to give out or that they've given 120 and just a few more left to give...
Reply 992
Thanks a lot! When you say 120 interviews, maybe a few more...Did they mean another 120 or more interview to give out or that they've given 120 and just a few more left to give...

120 more to give, there are 3 days which haven't been filled and they interview 40 in a day 😁
Reply 993
I feel exactly the same! I always thought applicants were selfish etc because it's extremely competitive but people are so understanding and kind on here. I believe it's because we express our genuine thoughts and all of us can relate!! Just seen comments on people with amazing stats being rejected. So it must be to do with the R&R form. It's frustrating because I have no idea whether what I wrote was indeed what they are looking for/good enough :/

Yeah interview is solely based on the R and R form. If it's borderline it can come down to UKCAT score. That's what I learnt last year after putting minimal effort into my form! Good luck
Original post by WALMO
Yeah interview is solely based on the R and R form. If it's borderline it can come down to UKCAT score. That's what I learnt last year after putting minimal effort into my form! Good luck

I knew that but I wish we knew how the form was graded and what they are looking for...hoping we've done enough but at least there are still interviews left!!!
Original post by WALMO
120 more to give, there are 3 days which haven't been filled and they interview 40 in a day 😁

Oh wow, 40 in a day!! Thanks again for asking and telling us. 120 is a fair amount and I now have a bit more faith :smile:
Has anyone received an offer/rejection outside of office hours?
Rejection without interview at 3pm
Has anyone received an offer/rejection outside of office hours?

I got an offer from Keele on Wednesday evening at 5.24 :biggrin:

Good luck with your application!
Reply 999
This wait is awfully painful :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending