The Student Room Group

People with 4 rejections, what are your plans?

So I have a feeling I may end up with 4 rejections as its going pretty badly so far, was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share their thoughts on what they will do (or would do) in this scenario, because I have no idea. On a gap year should I just stay in my home town and keep doing work experience, how can you make it a bit more varied and thus enjoyable?
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
So I have a feeling I may end up with 4 rejections as its going pretty badly so far, was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share their thoughts on what they will do (or would do) in this scenario, because I have no idea. On a gap year should I just stay in my home town and keep doing work experience, how can you make it a bit more varied and thus enjoyable?

which universities did you apply for? and what are your stats like?
Original post by medicapplicant
which universities did you apply for? and what are your stats like?

Rejected from sheffield pre interview
rejected from imperial post interview
had my cardiff interview but it went awful and the ration post interview is like 4:1
Got UCL interview coming up but Im not optimistic, apparently the interview there can be quite tough and scientific.

My stats are pretty good so I got 3 interviews, sheffield said I was unlucky not to get one as my PS was really good but they had sooo many more applicants than interview places.
had my cardiff interview but it went awful and the ration post interview is like 4:1
Got UCL interview coming up but Im not optimistic, apparently the interview there can be quite tough and scientific.

My stats are pretty good so I got 3 interviews, sheffield said I was unlucky not to get one as my PS was really good but they had sooo many more applicants than interview places.

Don't give up hope, just prepare for your UCL interview and kick ass there! you still have a chance plus you've got a lot further than many other people would have, 3 interviews is amazing!!

Well since you got interviews at imperial cardiff and ucl then you have pretty amazing stats so i guess i was you i'd take a gap year and apply againg because it sounds like to me you needto do some work on interview prep, might i suggest doing an interview course from either ace medicine or interviewdoctors ( this is run by imperial med students so if you apply to imperial again this could be invaluable). good luck :smile:

For what it is worth, my plans are to study medicine in the Czech Republic. I am sitting the London entrance exams in April.

i thought i did amazing in my UCL interview but i got rejected, just a heads up lol.
Original post by Chocolate Candle
i thought i did amazing in my UCL interview but i got rejected, just a heads up lol.

do you mind if i ask what sort of questions you got asked?
and have you asked for feedback?

Yeah feedback expected in April or May they said.
They asked me absolutely normal easy questions, no science ones other than "what are *health condition*'s" where I answered that correctly. Dunno why the rejection though 😪
hiya i was just wondering how was the calculation section? and what kind of essay question did they ask you?
Anyone else planning on applying to Czech Republic? I have the first entrance exam on 9th April and then two other the weekends after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending