The Student Room Group

Falling for someone at an applicant day

I went to an applicant day a few days ago and got talking to someone afterwards whilst I was in McDonald's. They had the freebies as well so I guessed they'd been and just started a conversation. We talked for ages and went to the station together before heading home and then I sort of asked for his snapchat and he gave it. I'm a guy and had no clue about his sexuality but just went with it anyway because it felt 'right'. I'm not a confident person so my friends are all amazed at the fact I managed to talk to a complete randomer and get his snapchat, but we just clicked.

Anyway, when we were both home we snapped for 4 or 5 hours and just got to know each other more. It was a little soppy in places like 'I'm glad McDonald's brought us together' but we genuinely had so much in common. We also both discussed our sexualities and stuff like that, and damn we'd just met each other?

I'm not sure how to move forward from here. We like a fair bit away from each other and surely it's ridiculously weird to meet someone at an applicant day in McDonald's and then talk for hours? I guess I sort of like him a bit but I don't want to look ridiculous and I'm not sure on how to move forward or even whether I should be chatting to him. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I went to an applicant day a few days ago and got talking to someone afterwards whilst I was in McDonald's. They had the freebies as well so I guessed they'd been and just started a conversation. We talked for ages and went to the station together before heading home and then I sort of asked for his snapchat and he gave it. I'm a guy and had no clue about his sexuality but just went with it anyway because it felt 'right'. I'm not a confident person so my friends are all amazed at the fact I managed to talk to a complete randomer and get his snapchat, but we just clicked.

Anyway, when we were both home we snapped for 4 or 5 hours and just got to know each other more. It was a little soppy in places like 'I'm glad McDonald's brought us together' but we genuinely had so much in common. We also both discussed our sexualities and stuff like that, and damn we'd just met each other?

I'm not sure how to move forward from here. We like a fair bit away from each other and surely it's ridiculously weird to meet someone at an applicant day in McDonald's and then talk for hours? I guess I sort of like him a bit but I don't want to look ridiculous and I'm not sure on how to move forward or even whether I should be chatting to him. Any advice?

I'd say continue talking to him kind of on a friend basis, get to know him a little better but try not to get too attached; after all it is an applicant day and you might not end up there together. However if you did that would be a pretty cool story to tell people! Just take it easy, see how things go, if the chemistry is there then suggest a bit more step by step.
Reply 2

2 guys?
friends right??
Original post by Helpme.
2 guys?
friends right??

Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people.
Reply 4
Original post by Banana00
Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people.

are u anon?
im not saying its bad to swing that way jus wondering
keep swinging :wink: lol
Reply 5
Original post by Helpme.
are u anon?
im not saying its bad to swing that way jus wondering
keep swinging :wink: lol

Currently yeah but we're both into guys and there's something there
what uni?

Spoiler