The Student Room Group

This is soooo importantt. Please readdddddddd

So heres the scenario:

‘Spinning Farm Limited have agreed to supply Maz’s Supermarkets with organic strawberries for sale in their supermarket at £1.00 a kilogram. During negotiations, Spinning Farms Director has told Maz’s Purchasing Manager that their strawberries are grown without using chemicals or fertilisers.
Maz’s Purchasing Manager also asked for confirmation that no chemicals or non-organic methods have been used after harvesting and the Director said, "Correct. No chemicals or non-organic methods are used."
Two weeks after these statements are made, a written agreement is entered into stating the agreed price, delivery dates between May and September and quantities. The contract also contains the clause: "Spinning Farm Limited does its best to ensure that all its products are supplied according to the Soil Association’s organic standards but excludes all liability for any claims arising from any product breaching those standards".
Spinning Farm is also starting a “Pick Your Own Strawberries” scheme next summer whereby customers can come into the fields and collect as many fruit as they wish for a price per kilogram. The Farm is setting up a website to advertise this and also they will have notices in the farm itself with instructions about picking the fruit.
Spinning Farm’s Director asks you about having a clause which will exclude liability for any claims made against them by “pick-your-own” customers arising from the fruit not being organically grown, and any loss, damage or illness caused by any chemicals used on the strawberries.

question is : Advise Spinning Farm whether the Soil Association’s Standards are part of the contract and whether the Farm is adequately protected by the exclusion clause from claims by Maz’s Supermarket if their strawberries turn out not to be totally organic
Original post by unilaw123
x

why is this important?
Original post by PQ
why is this important?

I think that it's important because we're doing their work for them. :ninja:
Reply 3
Original post by Roving Fish
I think that it's important because we're doing their work for them. :ninja:

There is no think about it :tongue::wink:
Original post by Ribenas
There is no think about it :tongue::wink:

exactly correct

dam i also got clickbaited ;( i though this was actually important...
Original post by thefatone
exactly correct

dam i also got clickbaited ;( i though this was actually important...

Don't believe stuff you read online...
Reply 7
I find very difficult to understand all this too ...
OP said it was important and asked us to read it. So I read it.

Now what?
Reply 9
Original post by Duncan2012
OP said it was important and asked us to read it. So I read it.

Now what?

answer the question i put

Do your own homework.

When's your deadline?
Reply 12
When's your deadline?

two weeks later
Reply 13
two weeks later

but its so confusing
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
Do your own homework.

i guess you found it hard to give the answer
i guess you found it hard to give the answer

what are your thoughts?
but its so confusing

What's confusing? What do you think the answer might be?
Reply 17
im asking you, if i knew the answer I wouldnt put it here
What's confusing? What do you think the answer might be?
Reply 18
im asking you, if i knew the answer I wouldnt put it here

PQ
x

There is an IDENTICAL thread to this I've essentially answered this problem on elsewhere. Either 1. You are the same person double posting or 2. The university you study at is doing a shoddy job of getting you to think for yourselves.

Essentially asking people to do your homework for you, especially when you've probably had an entire reading week to spend on it just isn't cricket.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending