The Student Room Group

Boy keeps staring and it's driving me nuts

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
who do u ship

Who do i what?
Reply 21
Hey aren't you that creep that keeps staring at me?

Good idea tell someone you have a boyfriend when he's there
Say to him:

"Listen son, as long as there are animals in the fields, birds in the skies, and fish in the ocean I could F***; I wouldn't date your raggedy, scabby ass. GTFO MOFO!"

AND STOP STARING AT ME YA FREAKY BUKKAKE HOBGOBLIN
Speak with your eyes and body language.

And let one of your friends know who this guy is just incase you go missing or something.
Original post by xobeauty

And let one of your friends know who this guy is just incase you go missing or something.

Hahahaha
Original post by ravioliyears
There's nothing awkward about it.

A lot of guys at my sixth form do that to me, but I'm a bit stupid and decide to put my middle finger up instead of telling them its uncomfortable.

LOL I had to do that in the library once, except as soon as I did, my friend bursted out laughing and it made it even more awkward. I never set foot in the library again...
Original post by trapking
Who do i what?

Give that geezar a left right good night.

excellent.
Original post by fire_and_ice
LOL I had to do that in the library once, except as soon as I did, my friend bursted out laughing and it made it even more awkward. I never set foot in the library again...

What I do is I look at them, have like a wierd staring competition and then either:
Laugh it out
Tell them to turn around and start walking XP

Yeah, I'm a bitch :tongue:
Hahahaha

? What the heck is so funny Koo koo
? What the heck is so funny Koo koo

You know what's funny. Don't play dumb, stahp it :tongue:
Original post by apronedsamurai
Say to him:

"Listen son, as long as there are animals in the fields, birds in the skies, and fish in the ocean I could F***; I wouldn't date your raggedy, scabby ass. GTFO MOFO!"

AND STOP STARING AT ME YA FREAKY BUKKAKE HOBGOBLIN

Thats a bit mean scotsman.
Original post by Anonymous
We all do a bit of looking if we see someone we like, that's perfectly normal. I do it myself. But this boy in uni keeps staring at me, and not only does it make me a little uncomfortable, but it's getting on my nerves.

It started off in September, where we'd both be waiting for the same train to uni. Out of the corner of my eye I could just see him looking at me. Didn't really bother me at first, but he does it every single time. When you're being watched constantly it makes you a little self-conscious you know? And every time I'll board the train, he's always waiting behind me to get on the same carriage. A couple of times I'd even go towards another carriage to see if he'd follow and low and behold, he does.

And then, I'd occasionally see him in the uni library. And the same thing, every time, he'd stare. I was recently sat on the computer in the library and he was a few rows in front, and he'd frequently turn in his chair to glance back at me. Before I was sat facing him a few rows down, and he'd be craning his neck in his seat to look at me. It's distracting. And now I swear I'm seeing him more and more frequently in the library. I work in the library in the mornings and I swear it's getting to the point where more and more he's there too. Staring as I pass him.

And now when I catch him staring, he gives this ingratiating big smile, and it really annoys me. I just look away straight away, but I'm wondering whether he just thinks I'm shy. I don't want to be rude and frown at him, but at the same time this is getting pretty annoying. He probably thinks I'm into him too because I occasionally glance to see if he's still staring...Am I overreacting TSR or would this slightly annoy you too?

He's not ugly, but this behaviour just makes him unattractive and borderline creepy.

Similar thing happened to me. A person in my class stared at me for a few months. I had an urge to say something, but didn't. Now he's gradually started talking by asking whether I need help with work / morning have u done this etc.

I never start a convro.

Either continue to ignore / say h?.
You know what's funny. Don't play dumb, stahp it :tongue:

Whaaatttt my advice was dead serious :pinch:
Whaaatttt my advice was dead serious :pinch:

I know it was...that's why its funny silly :colondollar:
Original post by J_W-x
You can't tell if someone is looking directly at you through your peripheral vision, you seem paranoid and if you *THINK* he's looking at you you will assume that he is.

If I was paranoid then I would feel like everyone was starting at me. Not just one random boy who besides the staring would perfectly blend into the background.

Bro I've studied vision at uni, the peripheral vision draws stimulus that attracts your attention to your central vision. You can spot a spider with your peripheral vision, so you can definitely spot someone eyeballing you with your peripheral vision.

Also I did admit in my OP if you read it properly, that I probably do occasionally glance to see if he's still looking, and that's probably encouraged him to start his goofy smiling.

Why are you being so defensive about this anyway, what is it to you? :wink:
Have you not been blessed with peripheral vision? Or you only aware of what's in your focal vision? I'm pretty sure that's a condition.

You must be so beautiful . Send me a pic of your face because I want to see what he's always staring at.
Original post by Blondie987
Honestly, you have the right or tell someone this is definitely creepy. If he even kept glancing at you it wouldn't be as bad but keeping an unmoving fixation on you is weird. Let your family and friends know and if it is making you really uncomfortable let your Uni know

Original post by BookBird
That's why he keeps grinning at her now? Lol.

OP, I would go up to him and ask him what his deal is. You could try and wait this out, see if he becomes disinterested, but since he hasn't stopped since September, I don't think he's planning on stopping anytime soon. Confrontation can be uncomfortable, but it's probably the best course of action right now. He might take the fact that you haven't confronted him despite noticing his staring as a sign that you're interested or cool with it? Just let him know straight up that you're tired of the starting and how uncomfortable it makes you feel, and hopefully he'll get the hint and quit it. Good luck x

Thanks for the helpful responses guys!

I think I'm going to have to say something because it is getting annoying!
Thanks for the helpful responses guys!

I think I'm going to have to say something because it is getting annoying!

Just go up and say something, really not that hard.
We all do a bit of looking if we see someone we like, that's perfectly normal. I do it myself. But this boy in uni keeps staring at me, and not only does it make me a little uncomfortable, but it's getting on my nerves.

It started off in September, where we'd both be waiting for the same train to uni. Out of the corner of my eye I could just see him looking at me. Didn't really bother me at first, but he does it every single time. When you're being watched constantly it makes you a little self-conscious you know? And every time I'll board the train, he's always waiting behind me to get on the same carriage. A couple of times I'd even go towards another carriage to see if he'd follow and low and behold, he does.

And then, I'd occasionally see him in the uni library. And the same thing, every time, he'd stare. I was recently sat on the computer in the library and he was a few rows in front, and he'd frequently turn in his chair to glance back at me. Before I was sat facing him a few rows down, and he'd be craning his neck in his seat to look at me. It's distracting. And now I swear I'm seeing him more and more frequently in the library. I work in the library in the mornings and I swear it's getting to the point where more and more he's there too. Staring as I pass him.

And now when I catch him staring, he gives this ingratiating big smile, and it really annoys me. I just look away straight away, but I'm wondering whether he just thinks I'm shy. I don't want to be rude and frown at him, but at the same time this is getting pretty annoying. He probably thinks I'm into him too because I occasionally glance to see if he's still staring...Am I overreacting TSR or would this slightly annoy you too?

He's not ugly, but this behaviour just makes him unattractive and borderline creepy.

Sorry will try to stop. :teeth:

If he was hot you would be fine with it. That is the funny thing. :tongue:

A hot guy is never seen as creepy.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending