The Student Room Group

Bavaria to sue angela Merkel over migrant crisis

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21692916-under-pressure-reverse-her-refugee-policy-angela-merkel-faces-court-case-welcome

Bavaria looks to have a pretty strong case. Finally she will be held accountable for her reckless actions.

Scroll to see replies

Her reckless actions? What the hell are you talking about? The fact that thousands of refugees are coming to the EU and saying 'no' to ISIS is a massive victory in itself. Some of the hostages who belonged to ISIS themselves claimed that the mass immigration was the biggest hit on ISIS.

But no, in your tory views you think we should have rejected them and sent them back to Syria. Come on, sort your mind out.

Read this: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/16/isis-bombs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks

"The pictures from Germany of people welcoming migrants will have been particularly troubling to them. Cohesion, tolerance it is not what they want to see."

So yeah, keep supporting ISIS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlwaysWatching
http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21692916-under-pressure-reverse-her-refugee-policy-angela-merkel-faces-court-case-welcome

Bavaria looks to have a pretty strong case. Finally she will be held accountable for her reckless actions.

It does look like he's right

There is also the issue of the free movement agreements put in place before this crisis started and should those Merkel invited also be allowed, once they have citizenship, to move freely within the rest of Europe of should they stay Germans problem.
My family live in Bavaria and we are Syrians.
Reply 4
Original post by Frank Underwood
At least I believe we should help those in need of help, and not those who are already the best off in society.

Except the vast majority are not "in need".
Original post by Jebedee
Except the vast majority are not "in need".

Do you have proof / evidence of this? Because I think staying away from crippling corruption and poor economic conditions and war is a pretty good reason to need to leave.
Original post by queen-bee

flip flop........
Original post by BaconandSauce
flip flop........

We like Germany :smile:
Do you have proof / evidence of this? Because I think staying away from crippling corruption and poor economic conditions and war is a pretty good reason to need to leave.

Amen.

I don't understand some of these selfish people. How do you know they're not in need? As if they personally know them and what they've been through
We like Germany :smile:

I can understand why your Italian half would say that given your special historical relationship with them :biggrin:
I can understand why your Italian half would say that given your special historical relationship with them :biggrin:

My Italian half live in Tuscany. I am talking about my mother's family. My mother was born in Germany and all my cousins. I am the only British born in our family :smile:
My Italian half live in Tuscany. I am talking about my mother's family. My mother was born in Germany and all my cousins. I am the only British born in our family :smile:

Hold on you claimed your mother was Syrian. If she was born in Germany she's German

Unless that is you've changed your mind again.........
Hold on you claimed your mother was Syrian. If she was born in Germany she's German

Unless that is you've changed your mind again.........

She's a German born Arab in my eyes. She cannot be ethnically German. Just like I'm a British born Arab
Her reckless actions? What the hell are you talking about? The fact that thousands of refugees are coming to the EU and saying 'no' to ISIS is a massive victory in itself. Some of the hostages who belonged to ISIS themselves claimed that the mass immigration was the biggest hit on ISIS.

But no, in your tory views you think we should have rejected them and sent them back to Syria. Come on, sort your mind out.

Read this: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/16/isis-bombs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks

"The pictures from Germany of people welcoming migrants will have been particularly troubling to them. Cohesion, tolerance it is not what they want to see."

Ha! So now I'm a tory. Okay.

What she did was illegal, and she needs to go to court and be accountable to her actions.

Plus refugees are best placed in a safe place near to where they came from in a cultural environment that isn't alien to their own. That way they don't feel disfranchised and intimidation, as well as less of a logistical effort to return home after the war. That means going to Turkey and the middle eastern countries. Merkel both broke the law and ignored the opinion of humanitarian aid experts.
(edited 8 years ago)
She cannot be ethnically German

You sound just like the BNP when you say things like that
At least I believe we should help those in need of help, and not those who are already the best off in society.

Non sequitur
We should help those who need our help and not turn them away,especially women and children.

You seem to have family living in everywhere relevant to muslim-related news.

Oh yeah. Because they've caused no problems at all since arriving!
She's a German born Arab in my eyes. She cannot be ethnically German. Just like I'm a British born Arab

If you are half Italian, why do you identify as an Arab? Just curious... there is very little difference anyway between southern Italians and Arabs, I'd have though

I can understand the good intent in this comment, but I think it is generally a naïve point of view.

She's a German born Arab in my eyes. She cannot be ethnically German.

And this comment is a small example why. There is little integration or cohesion.

The Syrian plight (which has an undeniable, very real and devastating humanitarian dimension) is used by ISIS as its own Trojan horse.

Quick Reply

Latest