The Student Room Group

Would you rather work in a high paying job or a job you enjoy?

Poll

Would you rather work a high paid job or an enjoyable job?

Assuming that the the high paying job is not enjoyable and the enjoyable job is low paid.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Assuming that the the high paying job is not enjoyable and the enjoyable job is low paid.

It depends on the situation that I am in. If I am not married yet, would definitely go for the job I enjoy. If married then I would go for high paying job, taking care of a family is expensive, you have to sacrifice your passion and take responsibilities. If my wife is happy, I'm happy :biggrin:.
Reply 2
Original post by Trapz99

I would rather work in a job I enjoyed. You do well at things you enjoy and therefore are more fulfilled as you are top of your field :smile:
I'd rather work in a high paying job because i can do things I enjoy outside my work as well.
Really it depends how low paid the enjoyable job is. However considering you sink a very large chunk of your life into work and I'm not big on material possession nor need a lot of money to be happy, I'd more likely go for low paid enjoyable job.
Have you ever considered that perhaps people don't enjoy jobs because of the content, but because of the rewards?

I would enjoy any high paying job. Luckily, I have a high paying job AND it's what I always wanted to do anyway :P
Reply 6
What is a job that's not enjoyable? Like one that's physically or mentally demanding, or just something I don't enjoy.
Original post by XMaramena
Have you ever considered that perhaps people don't enjoy jobs because of the content, but because of the rewards?

I would enjoy any high paying job. Luckily, I have a high paying job AND it's what I always wanted to do anyway :P

Can I ask what that job is?
Reply 8
An area of work I enjoy.

I would only sacrifice the enjoyment for money if I was in a position where the money from the enjoyment-job didn't cover enough for me to live.
Without a doubt a job I enjoy. People need to stop overcomplicating their lives and stressing themselves with work that they don't want to do just for more money. Work is meant to be worthwhile and the two things you do the most while you're alive is sleep and work. (8 HOURS EACH) Obviously i need to live, so if it's lower paid but still paid enough to live ill obviously do what i enjoy.
For example, I'd rather be a carer than work in a multinational corporation in a cubicle all day because I'd enjoy my job and it suits my personality more. I naturally enjoy looking after people and I have a caring nature. I've done it with terminally ill uncle etc.

That's just one example, more and more people are doing what they really want to do in life such as finding ways to keep travelling around the world while working *low paid bar work etc* its good to see because life is there to be lived and not to feed a big money making machine *quoting joe rogan*

Anyway have a good Friday evening while I sit here and study alone in this classroom whilst everyone left straight after class probably to party
Original post by Ishan_2000
Can I ask what that job is?

I'm a composer.
I'm a composer.

Compose yourself.
Low paid that I enjoyed I would quit if I was working somewhere I hated.
Original post by RomanKing
Compose yourself.

lol

I'm always composed. Didn't you know?
lol

I'm always composed. Didn't you know?

No, I didn't :frown:

Stay composed please.
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Low paid that I enjoyed I would quit if I was working somewhere I hated.

If that is you in you picture you look so beautiful.
Message me.
Reply 16
Life is too short to hate your job. I know people who chase the weekends and hate the weeks, or can't relax and unwind because they're just thinking about being in work again.

We all need money, but there's no point having a large surplus for luxuries if you can't enjoy them because of stress.
Original post by RomanKing
If that is you in you picture you look so beautiful.
Message me.

No and no
Original post by Indieboohoo1
No and no

Fine. You'll regret it one day :frown: :smile:
[QUOTE=RomanKing;62858451]Fine. You'll regret it one day :frown: :smile:

:lol: I don't think so. Why can't you message me?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending