The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baldyy
we're so similar haha, what other offers have you got?

I've got Nottingham, KCL, Exeter and Leeds, was rejected by Oxford post interview. Just trying to decide which out of Notts and KCL to firm now, really struggling haha. Have you chosen your firm and insurance?
Original post by mitchriding
Rejection from LSE and offer from king's for PPL today

Congrats on your PPL offer!!
If you don't mind me asking, what's your predicted grades and LNAT score?:smile:
Reply 2722
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Thanks! I got 26 in the LNAT, but since I'm EU, I don't know what my 95% conditional offer equals to I'm afraid...
I'm predicted 100% if that helps

Thanks! Wow you are brilliant!! :biggrin:
And when did you apply?
Original post by xAssassin786
I think it's culturally diverse, if you're talking about the university as a whole. The city well.... Some parts of the city are filled with more ethnic races than others. I know a few areas where there were only Asians everywhere. Places like the area where the University is, it is more diverse. Egbaston is a really good area. I don't know the atmosphere of the university yet as I still need to go to visit it on the 9th of March. I've researched the university and have visited the city many times. Feel free to ask more questions.

Hey, i've got an interview at birmingham city university. If i do get a place there, i will have to move out. However, i have heard bad reviews about living in birmingham. I just wanted to ask your opinion on the city as i have been put off.
Original post by atptcs
Thanks! Wow you are brilliant!! :biggrin:
And when did you apply?

Thanks! :-D on the 3rd of January. Now the issue is I can't choose between PLL at King's and Law at Durham... You?
Original post by beedot.
Hey, i've got an interview at birmingham city university. If i do get a place there, i will have to move out. However, i have heard bad reviews about living in birmingham. I just wanted to ask your opinion on the city as i have been put off.

Not to put you off but birmingham city university is in Perry bar and I've heard that's a very bad area. What are your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not to put you off but birmingham city university is in Perry bar and I've heard that's a very bad area. What are your other choices? I'll do some research for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCAS track is down - again - till Monday! Jeez talk about poor timing.
Original post by DougallnDougall

Ikr. Gives me a few days to stop constantly checking track for university replies lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikr. Gives me a few days to stop constantly checking track for university replies lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol! That's true but I would've liked to have been able to check at least once more 😂😂😂
Track is down while UCAS prepares for Extra opening, that's all.
Oh greatt, haha! I'm still waiting on leeds to get back to me and bradford have offered me clinical technology, which i need to enquire about as they've not given me a reason as to why i can't do diagnostic radiography. And salford and liverpool rejected me! So i'm running out of choices really, it's just that i didn't want to move that far from home so most of the unis near me have high entry requirements.
Reply 2732
Anyone here know anything about intercollegiate halls in London and pros and cons vs. private halls?
I just got an offer from King's with a rubbish LNAT of 20!! So those with low LNAT scores, have faith!! x
Bristol emailed me telling me that they couldn't give me a place in law, but then said they would give me an alternative offer for Social Policy with Criminology. Even though it's not what I applied for, it was a degree I was actually really interested in and I can still get a law degree at a later stage :biggrin: Excited, just waiting on Birmingham to decide if I want to firm Bristol or not.

Got 26 on the LNAT and predicted the international equivalent of A*AA.
Original post by beewilde
Bristol emailed me telling me that they couldn't give me a place in law, but then said they would give me an alternative offer for Social Policy with Criminology. Even though it's not what I applied for, it was a degree I was actually really interested in and I can still get a law degree at a later stage :biggrin: Excited, just waiting on Birmingham to decide if I want to firm Bristol or not.

Ok I'm only saying this because you got 26 on the LNAT so you're clearly intelligent. Don't do that course. It won't get you anywhere, do a law degree elsewhere or apply somewhere else though Extra, clearing or adjustment. You're too good for that course.
Original post by kingofacademics
Ok I'm only saying this because you got 26 on the LNAT so you're clearly intelligent. Don't do that course. It won't get you anywhere, do a law degree elsewhere or apply somewhere else though Extra, clearing or adjustment. You're too good for that course.

Can you do a law conversion? Research how others and what others did on that course.
Original post by beewilde

Can you do a conversion course? Research what and how others did who studied that course.
Original post by shiyi
If you want an honest discussion, maybes you shouldn't have so many assumptions. Well, I completed my 4-year high school education in Singapore. I have actually been to the local courts and did a job-shadowing in a local top law firm. I read a few relevant books which I borrowed from a local uni's law library. I believe I have honestly stated my reasons and tried to show my passion for law. I am serious about taking the course. But I guess I was just not good enough. English is my second language and I am still not confident in my expression.

I am not blaming anyone but honestly feel a bit clueless about why my PS was not good. My teacher thought my PS was quite clear in showing who I am, so I think maybe there are just too many other competitive applicants who are obviously better than me.

i would really like you to post your PS up on this thread when it is appropriate to do so, as long as it is in keeping with the rule and regulations. You can be sure that I will give you my honest assessment.

Original post by DougallnDougall

is it necessary to keep checking UCAS track all the time? isn't it enough to just check your email if you did receive a UCAS track email that notify you that 'something has changed on your track'?
Original post by Audrey18
i would really like you to post your PS up on this thread when it is appropriate to do so,

Please don't post your PS here. There are separate threads, boards, facilities for this in TSR.

Latest

Trending

Trending