The Student Room Group

Would you rather work in a high paying job or a job you enjoy?

Scroll to see replies

Fortunately, you can have both.
Original post by Indieboohoo1
:lol: I don't think so. Why can't you message me?

Spoiler

I would love to message you. :smile: Which reminds me I need to actually put a pic of myself than just leave it blank.
Original post by RomanKing
I would love to message you. :smile: Which reminds me I need to actually put a pic of myself than just leave it blank.

We can talk here :tongue:
The latter.
Hi paid job. I wouldn't enjoy any kind of job because I'm lazy but money motivates me:lol:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Fortunately, you can have both.

* Shots fired *
Original post by ellie0497
Hi paid job. I wouldn't enjoy any kind of job because I'm lazy but money motivates me:lol:

You're hot
Original post by RomanKing
You're hot

Thank you :hugs:
Original post by ellie0497
Thank you :hugs:

Wow. my goodness gracious. :colondollar:
If I had a family. I would want for them to have the best start in life, which I probably wouldn't be able to afford on a low paying job.
Of topic but I've tried to change my profile pic and it hasn't changed. It keeps saying failed. I checked the KB, it's not too big. I've uploaded pics but can't change the profile pic. Is this normal and will it just take time to change or is it just not working ? thank u m9
So people would be happy working at Primark or Mcdonalds as a retail assistant cause they enjoy it and get along with everyone. I wouldn't i would look for a higher paid job.
Original post by chikane
So people would be happy working at Primark or Mcdonalds as a retail assistant cause they enjoy it and get along with everyone. I wouldn't i would look for a higher paid job.

Boop
Original post by chikane

They're not the only low paying jobs, there are a lot of jobs that don't pay very well. Also retail is notorious for being a shitty job you'll be unhappy in because customers tend to treat you like ****.
Original post by SophieSmall
They're not the only low paying jobs, there are a lot of jobs that don't pay very well. Also retail is notorious for being a shitty job you'll be unhappy in because customers tend to treat you like ****.

I worked at the weekends at Primark while at uni years ago and there were loads of students working there i left there 2 years ago and went back there today for some shopping and there were a few people who finished their degree at the same time as me and still there but work full time.
Original post by chikane
I worked at the weekends at Primark while at uni years ago and there were loads of students working there i left there 2 years ago and went back there today for some shopping and there were a few people who finished their degree at the same time as me and still there but work full time.

Maybe they enjoy it or need the job who knows?

My point was that they're not the only types of jobs that are low pay. There are a lot of fulfilling jobs out there that people love to do which pay very poorly, care work and teaching assistants for example.

I just didn't understand why you mentioned only those two jobs in relation to the OP as to why you'd go for a higher paying job, when it isn't representative of a lot of jobs.
I'd much rather have a job that I enjoy as long as the low pay was still liveable.

I see so many people complaining on a Sunday night about how they're dreading going to work, I could never live like that.
Thankfully I've never felt like that in my 2.5 years working, hopefully it stays that way :smile:
I think if I pursued a job in something I really enjoyed, like Art, I'd end up getting sick of it, because of the pressure of the job. And because of how scrambled I'd gotten at just taking it at GCSE.

I wouldn't be as free with it as I would if it were just a hobby.

(Also, in a programme, there was this really sweet line about doing the thing you love best as a second job, because that's where you can really enjoy it.)
High paying job

- Higher likelihood of being more stimulating
- The environment will probably be more pressurized and challenging, which I enjoy
- The people on average may be of a higher quality
- I could save more money at a faster rate
- I'd have the freedom of spending money on experiences/my hobbies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest