The Student Room Group

Is it normal?

I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone...

Scroll to see replies

Yes, lol, tons of people are in the same boat, don't worry about it, normal people don't care :biggrin:
Anything is normal on TSR.
of course it's normal; you don't have to feel pressured by what is the norm today; just take your time and when you feel ready you can have a relationship etc :smile:.
That's completely normal. Don't feel as if you need to do those things to be classed as 'normal'. Be happy :smile:
im 20 and the same applies to me

its ok

:smile:
Reply 6

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by ThatCSGuy

Spoiler

:sexface:

OP: Nah, it's fine, just take your time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I've never had a girlfriend, been kissed or been romantically involved either. We have so much in common hmu x :biggrin:
Reply 9
Thanks guys, I feel a little reassured now. I know I'm overreacting, but it's definitely a punch to the self-esteem, as I feel as though I'm not good enough. But like you said lots of people are in my position!
Original post by Mimir
:sexface:

OP: Nah, it's fine, just take your time.

Spoiler

I think the OP deserves a Blue Peter badge.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone...

I'm 19 and I have never had a girlfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone. I think we are meant to be. :colone:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
I don't think it's average no, so it's definitely not normal. There is quite a lot of people who are in the same boat though so don't worry.

I can tell you it is almost certainly your fault, there is likely a few guys wanting to kiss you right now.
Meh I am the same, i've never done anything with a girl (I'm a guy). I just want to wait until it seems right. I know many people who are so desperate and end up in unhealthy relationships. I'm happy so long as i have many friends and know i'll find someone in the end
Original post by IvoryToast
Meh I am the same, i've never done anything with a girl (I'm a guy). I just want to wait until it seems right. I know many people who are so desperate and end up in unhealthy relationships. I'm happy so long as i have many friends and know i'll find someone in the end

Yeah, I guess I just have to change my mentality and realise it will happen when it happens.
Original post by DeadEnd_96
I'm 19 and I have never had a girlfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone. I think we are meant to be. :colone:

Spoiler

Hahaha! And yeah I guess you're right, I just have to be patient, but thank you :h:
As you can see plenty of people your age are in your position. No need to panic, just live your life and the chances are you will find a boyfriend when you least expect it.
Original post by whorace
I don't think it's average no, so it's definitely not normal. There is quite a lot of people who are in the same boat though so don't worry.

I can tell you it is almost certainly your fault, there is likely a few guys wanting to kiss you right now.

Without trying to sound attention seeking, I highly doubt that, most guys see me as a "friend". With that being said, when I do like someone, I stupidly end up setting them with my bestfriend. Don't ask me why, I guess it's just a way to talk to them.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Without trying to sound attention seeking, I highly doubt that, most guys see me as a "friend". With that being said, when I do like someone, I stupidly end up setting them with my bestfriend. Don't ask me why, I guess it's just a way to talk to them.

Kiss one of your single friends and tell them you were dared. If you are still a friend when you come back fair play.

Might not work on insecure guys though they'll get attached and resent you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending