The Student Room Group

How many pages worth of notes do you write for AS Biology?

How many pages worth of notes do you write for AS Biology? I literally have like 75 pages worth of notes for my 2 exams in the summer!! is this too much for me to remember everything?
Original post by Philip-flop
How many pages worth of notes do you write for AS Biology? I literally have like 75 pages worth of notes for my 2 exams in the summer!! is this too much for me to remember everything?

I had loads! What I did was I condensed my notes even further into flashcards :smile:
Original post by cookiemonster15
I had loads! What I did was I condensed my notes even further into flashcards :smile:

Ah yeah i've made flashcards for topics 1-3 for Edexcel's Biology A (Salters Nuffield) but have so many of them!! waaaaa :frown:
Are you doing the new SNAB syllabus too?
Ah yeah i've made flashcards for topics 1-3 for Edexcel's Biology A (Salters Nuffield) but have so many of them!! waaaaa :frown:
Are you doing the new SNAB syllabus too?

Ah no, I took aqa AS biology last year and doing A2 this year.

What I did when I made my flashcards was give myself a limit so I would tell myself I was only allowed to write X sides for topic Y, so i knew I could only write down the really important stuff down :smile:
mine were approximately 30 pages for each exam.

Spoiler

Original post by endgametheory
mine were approximately 30 pages for each exam.

Spoiler

Oh dear, I've got a lot of condensing down to do then!!! How did you do in your exams? and what else did you do to secure those grades?
Honestly it doesn't matter how many pages of notes you have, as long as you know the content of what you have then it should be fine!
Original post by aoifea100
Honestly it doesn't matter how many pages of notes you have, as long as you know the content of what you have then it should be fine!

That's true aoifea100!! Have you got any tips on how to remember all the content for Biology?
That's true aoifea100!! Have you got any tips on how to remember all the content for Biology?

Notes after notes after notes! How i do it is write notes on file paper, then condense to flash cards. Learn the material from the flash cards, and test yourself by drawing mind maps! Mind maps are so helpful! Plenty of colour and diagrams, no long sentences with only key terms! Just prompts to help sentence starters. Always do past papers as well, it helps with revision a lot because you know what to expect on the exam. Read examiners reports as well, they help so much with the longer style questions and give tips as to what you should include in your answers which you may have missed in your notes also!
Hope this helps:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending