The Student Room Group

Drama and theatre studies applicants 2016 entry!!

Scroll to see replies

Hey again everyone, just a little update again and to see if any new faces are around. Sent more applications off :smile:

Anyone got the same audition dates?

GSA (Acting) - 27th February
Rose Bruford (ATA) - 7th March
ALRA (Acting) - 5th April
Italia Conti (Acting) - 14th April
ArtsEd (Acting) - 9th June

National Youth Theatre - 15th Feb (Next week!)

To anyone watching this thread also I'd love to reply to some of you and help but I'm not sure if I'd be giving the right advice haha, hope people get back to you soon :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PAStudent1996
What day is your NYT audition next week? Mine's next week too!

Hey!! My audition is Friday the 19th. What about you? Also, what monologue are you doing? :smile:
Hi all

I'm starting the one year course in September 2016.

Am looking for housemates to find somewhere to live.

Thanks
Ellie
Original post by ThatIzziGirl
Hey!! My audition is Friday the 19th. What about you? Also, what monologue are you doing? :smile:

I'm also on the 19th :smile:

Also guys, I auditioned for Man Met the other day, and they have just got back to me. They said they aren't going to offer me a recall but that they want to consider me for BA Contemporary Theatre and performance instead of BA acting. Is this something they offer to everyone who isn't successful at the audition? Is this course worth taking or should I just wait another year to apply for BA acting?

UPDATE:
I looked at the course they suggested and it really doesn't interest me at all, so I'm just going to leave it. However, out of interest, do you think this means that my audition went okay, even if I didn't get a recall, or is this just a course they offer to everyone because they need the numbers?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi everyone, if you don't remember me I was the one a few posts ago moaning about how I'd never get in anywhere after trying for ages- just want to say thank you for all the words of support and kindness....I found out last week I have a place on ATA at Rose Bruford! I'm in shock haha!
Thank you all so much, will anyone else be attending Rose Bruford in September!? :smile:
Xx
Original post by sophi94
Hi everyone, if you don't remember me I was the one a few posts ago moaning about how I'd never get in anywhere after trying for ages- just want to say thank you for all the words of support and kindness....I found out last week I have a place on ATA at Rose Bruford! I'm in shock haha!
Thank you all so much, will anyone else be attending Rose Bruford in September!? :smile:
Xx

That's great news! Well done :smile:

I'm auditioning for ATA at Rose Bruford on the 7th March, so depending on that result I may or may not see you there haha!

Anything you can tell me about the audition? What happens? :smile:
Reply 426
How was it?

I have my audition on the 9th oh March :smile:
Original post by 09jwoods
I'm also on the 19th :smile:

Also guys, I auditioned for Man Met the other day, and they have just got back to me. They said they aren't going to offer me a recall but that they want to consider me for BA Contemporary Theatre and performance instead of BA acting. Is this something they offer to everyone who isn't successful at the audition? Is this course worth taking or should I just wait another year to apply for BA acting?

UPDATE:
I looked at the course they suggested and it really doesn't interest me at all, so I'm just going to leave it. However, out of interest, do you think this means that my audition went okay, even if I didn't get a recall, or is this just a course they offer to everyone because they need the numbers?

Nice. I'll see you there then!! Good luck. What monologue are you doing?
Original post by PAStudent1996
That's great news! Well done :smile:

I'm auditioning for ATA at Rose Bruford on the 7th March, so depending on that result I may or may not see you there haha!

Anything you can tell me about the audition? What happens? :smile:

ah thank you! they are very nice in the audition, very relaxed and you do your speech first as a group and then you split into smaller groups and go on a tour interview and then work on speeches (or in a different order) i loved it- you get feedback on your speech which is nice considering some places its in and out ! break a leg for it and all your other auditions xx
Is there anyone else on here that has an edge hill drama audition in Wednesday the 17?x
What did you do? I have my audition on the 29th Feb! Did you get recalled to the afternoon?
Reply 431
Anyone with a Central audition? Any tips eeek!
Reply 432
Original post by msaot
Anyone with a Central audition? Any tips eeek!

I'll have mine on the 4th of April.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 433
Oooh thats good! Mine is next Wednesday :smile:
Reply 434
Original post by msaot
Oooh thats good! Mine is next Wednesday :smile:

Break a leg!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I hope everyone's auditions are going well!

What is the general consensus in regards to mining props? In general do drama schools not mind this or is it not recommended? Or is it ok at some but a big no no at others?

I don't mean wandering around for two minutes miming that you're holding a wine glass but, for example, mining holding and looking at a letter for about 5 seconds.

Thank you!
Original post by Dramastudent'15
Hello everyone! I've already had 5 first rounds and lucky recalls from those schools for 2016 entry and I've just started blogging my experience at https://aspiringactresssite.wordpress.com

Please drop me a comment and share your experiences/questions too, would be nice to hear from other people auditioning :smile:

I'm really enjoying reading your blog! You sound like you're doing bloody well! I'm going to be auditioning for 2017 entry - after a failed year of auditioning in 2014 - so this is giving me great insight into the other school's process and what to expect. Similarly to the reply below, I'd love to know what your modern and song were, they sound like they've had a a great reception from the panelists (obviously understand if you want to keep it quiet).Rooting for you!x
Reply 437
..... Er. This is somewhat off topic, but I wonder if anyone knows what to do in a situation where you have been offered a place in a drama school, but then the universe decides to make it interesting aaanddd.... ta-dah you're pregnant!
Like, really, what are my options, does anyone know about deferring in a situation like this? (I'm 27 years old if that's relevant?)
Original post by veav
..... Er. This is somewhat off topic, but I wonder if anyone knows what to do in a situation where you have been offered a place in a drama school, but then the universe decides to make it interesting aaanddd.... ta-dah you're pregnant!
Like, really, what are my options, does anyone know about deferring in a situation like this? (I'm 27 years old if that's relevant?)

I don't really have any advice, but congratulations! 😊
Reply 439
Original post by veav

I think the best thing to do is ask the school itself. You can't be the first one in this position, and they'll know what exactly your options are. And congratulations!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending