The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You sound very confident which is a good thing, but could this translate into being standoffish?

What happens when you go out on dates? Afterwards, do you remain in contact, so you make it crystal clear that you want to take things further?
Original post by DancinBallerina
http://culturecountermag.com/are-you-a-dancer/. . . .There ya go :smile:

Personal reasons which I'd rather not disclose on here. But there is a valid reasoning for. Mmmm . .. yes the amount of people who I've heard ''Im not having babies . . I'm not getting married . . . '' Several years later . . they're married, with a baby on the way! lol So I take what women and men say with a pinch of salt on that! lol

Ty :perv:

I see :curious:

Spoiler

I understand, they probably get to a point where the urge is too strong or they don't see any other purpose in their lives except for settling down & reproducing/ creating a legacy.
(edited 8 years ago)
But why should me being independent signal whether or not I am worthy of a relationship? :dontknow: Surely coming into a life of a woman who has her own home, car, good career in progression is good to see SHE got their on her OWN! If I saw a guy with the same, I would think ''Yes, this guy is going places; he's ambitious, goal getting without the need / input of other people!''. One thing I have learnt however is if you begin to depend on people for things, and then the **** hits the fan, the first thing people are quick to fire is ''You wouldn't have got there if it wasn't for me''!

:dontknow:

Agree. Just putting more ideas out there.

You sound great.

If only I was 10 years older. :ahee:
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
You sound very confident which is a good thing, but could this translate into being standoffish?

What happens when you go out on dates? Afterwards, do you remain in contact, so you make it crystal clear that you want to take things further?

I've learnt the confidence over the past 2/3 years. So the remarks in this thread which are trying to reduce my confidence have done sod all! lol

As for the dates, and what happens thereafter . . .I always thank the guy and etc. I do however leave it a few days, or I wait for contact from the guy. I don't like blowing up a guys phone as I don't want to put them off. If I don't hear anything for 4 - 5 days, I send a polite / friendly message, and then wait and see what happens. I just play it very cool and wait for the guy to lead. I don't want to appear needy / clingy / desperate.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Ty :perv:

I see :curious:

Spoiler

I understand, they probably get to a point where the urge is too strong or they don't see any other purpose in their lives except for settling down & reproducing/ creating a legacy.

. .Or they're pressured into it by close family and friends? I suspect more the families . . . :dontknow:
. .Or they're pressured into it by close family and friends? I suspect more the families . . . :dontknow:

That's an awful reason to have kids/ start a family.

So you want to never have kids?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stefano865
Agree. Just putting more ideas out there.

You sound great.

If only I was 10 years older. :ahee:

Someone did say similar to me last year though, but I thought that doesn't make sense!
So you want to never have kids?

Of course I want children, eventually. But with the right person (obv) and when the time is right.
Brunette or fair-haired.

Light eyes.

Slim and athletic.

:wink:

Good choice, Brunette/black hair and light eyes are <33333
Someone did say similar to me last year though, but I thought that doesn't make sense!

Girls are biologically predisposed to be attracted to ambition and security, men aren't. They may become intimidated or they may want a girl who is more dependent on them (makes them feel more needed).

That being said it's still an admirable trait.
Girls are biologically predisposed to be attracted to ambition and security, men aren't. They may become intimidated or they may want a girl who is more dependent on them (makes them feel more needed).

That being said it's still an admirable trait.

Yes, I get the whole men want to feel macho and needed and etc. But I'd rather him see me for ''WOW, she's done good for herself''.

So basically I'm stuck then . . maybe I start saying I live with my parents, and see how that pans out? Guaranteed that'll definitely backfire ! lol
Yes, I get the whole men want to feel macho and needed and etc. But I'd rather him see me for ''WOW, she's done good for herself''.

So basically I'm stuck then . . maybe I start saying I live with my parents, and see how that pans out? Guaranteed that'll definitely backfire ! lol

It's more complex than that, they may think that whilst also feeling the things I stated. They may feel that they are not good enough. They may see that you have a lot of responsibilities, some that they don't wish to share.

Mmm nothing sexier than a 30 yr old living with their parents :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
It's more complex than that, they may think that whilst also feeling the things I stated. They may feel they are not good enough. They may see that you have a lot of responsibilities, some that they don't wish to share.

Mmm nothing sexier than a 30 yr old living with their parents :wink:

:facepalm: . . It's such a complex / convoluted thing! Urgh!

Haha . . that'll definitely win me brownie points . . nott!! :wink:
Go to Africa, get your groove on, get married and bring them back to live with you in the UK. Worked for me, but you either have to have considerable money for this strategy to work. Or a good job. But it worked for me.
Original post by john2054
Go to Africa, get your groove on, get married and bring them back to live with you in the UK. Worked for me, but you either have to have considerable money for this strategy to work. Or a good job. But it worked for me.

Can't be arsed with that! Seen that happen to a family friend and backfire!

I'll just wait it out / improve social circles to find a decent fella . . .*tumbleweed*
:facepalm: . . It's such a complex / convoluted thing! Urgh!

Haha . . that'll definitely win me brownie points . . nott!! :wink:

Have you considered an open relationship?

Might have more takers.
Have you considered an open relationship?

Might have more takers.

Like a FwB situation?
I think you may be a lesbian. please consider
Like a FwB situation?

No.

The same as a normal relationship but without sexual exclusivity.
Can't be arsed with that! Seen that happen to a family friend and backfire!

I'll just wait it out / improve social circles to find a decent fella . . .*tumbleweed*

Like i said you need to consider a partner as a blank slate. And the later you leave it, the more work you will have to do to 'fix' them up, to an even half decent standard. When i brought my wife over three years ago, she was something else. I even got beat in the house on more than one occasion. But now that she is used to living in the uk, things have settled down, and she has even been able to get her first full time job. Which is good for her confidence, if nothing else?

Latest

Trending

Trending