The Student Room Group

Grow Your Grades...Prize announcement!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tank Girl
Hello Everyone! :hi:

Thank you to everyone who's already signed up to Grow Your Grades- your blogs are already looking fantastic and it's so great to see such dedication to your revision. :h:

We now have an overall prize for the lucky winner which is...
*drum roll*...

Spoiler

We've also decided to extend the deadline until MONDAY 22ND FEB so there's still time to get your blog up and running if you want to take part! GET YOUR ENTRY IN HERE!

(For anyone who wants to start their new blog all you need to do is start a new thread- outlying your academic goals, then PM me to let me know you're getting involved!)

Thought this would be a good time to also share some top tips about how to most effectively use your blog to your advantage...

Spoiler

Revision blog top tips:

1. Be specific
We're really interested to hear about everything that you do- made an exam timetable? I'm interested. Created some swish flashcards? Show 'em off! Wrote out your notes? Yep, I want to hear about it!

2. Be reflective
Find out what does and doesn't work for you, evaluate how you're feeling about exams and how you can make improvements as you go.

3. Show your working
Tell us what methods you're using, how they're helping and what you don't like. Share your wisdom so we can all learn from each others mistakes.

4. We want to get to know you!
Show us a bit of personality, get creative let us know the highs and lows of your revision.

5. Keep up to date
Keep posting regularly and don't give up! You don't need to post every day, but updating regularly will be key to an excellent (and useful) blog!

Thanks for this! Has given me a better idea on what to do with my blog :smile:

I was not quoted btw
sorry I don't really understand how this works😂 I have made a blog yesterday but I'm not sure how to make sure I'm entered so I came here haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh I thought this thread announced the winner. Looking forward to see who wins. Besides how does TSR afford to giveaway a MacBook Air :eek: @Tank Girl
Ooh i missed this
I wasn't quoted @Tank Girl
Check out my blog here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3691339
As far as actual public exams go I only have 2 this year but hopefully I still get a shot at winning :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I would like to sign up???
Btw how is the winner decided ??
This is even more motivation to get through my AS Levels!! Thank you for the great opportunity :adore:
Reply 47
Original post by Lemur14
Ooh i missed this
I wasn't quoted @Tank Girl
Check out my blog here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3691339
As far as actual public exams go I only have 2 this year but hopefully I still get a shot at winning :smile:

Spoiler

Ahh, dammit! I'll add you to the quote list for the future :biggrin:

Original post by harmer1998
I have set up my blog for this. I would like a shot at winning the macbook, do I need to do anything else? Message anyone?

I set up my blog and I will updating it daily! :P

Fantastic! Thanks :smile: it's ok, no need to do anything else :h:

Original post by Science_help
I would like to sign up???
Btw how is the winner decided ??

Fantastic! More the merrier :smile: The winner will be selected based on all the criteria listed in the first post on this thread :smile:

Original post by lovegoodjpg
This is even more motivation to get through my AS Levels!! Thank you for the great opportunity :adore:

Excellent! Glad we're giving you that extra boost :h:
Ahh, dammit! I'll add you to the quote list for the future :biggrin:

@Tank Girl when will you select the winner?
Reply 50
Original post by NachoPhilosopher
@Tank Girl when will you select the winner?

Hello! Winner will be announced the day after GCSE results day

:biggrin:
Oh cool...but when is the GCSE result day? :P
Hello! Winner will be announced the day after GCSE results day

:biggrin:
Oh cool...but when is the GCSE result day? :P

Thursday 25th August (:
OMG! but that's too far isn't that? :biggrin:
Original post by BryonyG98
Thursday 25th August (:

Is it? I think it's good enough :tongue: GCSE is probably the latest results day for every student (uni students get them way before, IB do as well I think, A-level students get them the week before).. so plenty of time for everyone to share their results in their blogs :tongue:
Reply 55

Original post by SeanFM
Is it? I think it's good enough :tongue: GCSE is probably the latest results day for every student (uni students get them way before, IB do as well I think, A-level students get them the week before).. so plenty of time for everyone to share their results in their blogs :tongue:

Exactly as SeanFM has said :smile:

We wanted to make sure everyone had time to improve their grades and get results back before we announced a winner :h:
Exactly as SeanFM has said :smile:

We wanted to make sure everyone had time to improve their grades and get results back before we announced a winner :h:

Hey, not quite sure if I have done this right ?

ive never written a blog of any sort, so sorry if its a bit messed up.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3909691
Reply 57
Hello Everyone!

Firstly- blogs are looking great- I hope they're helping you keep on track already :h:

This is the first mini prize that we're running within Grow Your Grades :woo:

The Study Planner Competition is now OPEN FOR ENTRIES

We're looking for you guys to share your study plan- or make one if you don't have one.
If you want to be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is upload a picture/document/PDF etc of your own study plan IN THIS THREAD.

We'll be judging them based on this criteria:

- How Smart is your plan?
AKA: It doesn't have to be chock a bloc with lots of revision we're not judging how much revision you're doing, just that you've thought about how much you should be doing and thought about when you'll be doing it.

-Built around your actual life
We want to see that you've thought realistically about how you're revision is going to fit around your lifestyle- That you've factored in enough time for each exam and also your social life etc.

- Creative
We'll be looking for ways you've added extra detail onto your plan- like colour coordination or pictures.

- Detailed
If you have lots of information about what you plan of leaning in each revision session then that would be looked upon favorably :smile:

Overall, it's up to you how you present it- after all it's your study planner and should work for you! However we do want to see at least a two week plan. If you don't already have a study planner created- you can use the TSR study planner here.

You have until the 17th March to get your entry in. Winner will be announced on the 18th.

Winner gets:

:yay:£35 Amazon Voucher :yay:

Just so you know...
This is only open to Grow Your Grades entrants- your entry will not be counted if you don't have a blog... however you don't have to join in with this if you don't want to.

This will not affect your chances of winning the main prize.

You can only have one entry.

_Hafsa
x
alexamigo98
x
alldaydreaming
x
am99
x
anikachy
x
antigone-
x
asinghj
x
asmithy
x
Asurat
x
aymanzayedmannan
x
ayo11
x
Babs Posh
x
Becca-cpfc
x
Bhansongal98
x
Black Rose
x
bluemadhatter
x
Bria331
x
briannafowlie
x
BryonyG98
x
c30641178
x
cactusStarbright
x
caitlin_joyxo
x
caitlinford3
x
catherinexxx
x
celloel
x
chiefKwen
x
Chittesh14
x
ClaraGrant34
x
52 dash
x
Dinasaurus
x
donte
x
Edminzodo
x
Elegantsolution
x
elen90
x
EllieO
x
ErinMei
x
etudixnt
x
fire_and_ice
x
FluffyFalcon
x
GeologyMaths
x
Georg Hegel
x
GlitterBomb
x
glossypinkpeach
x
Gribby2
x
HazMusicPanda
x
HRM1999
x
Improvement
x
jamestg
x
Jamie Vardy
x
Jellybeanz383
x
jessyjellytot14
x
johnatschool
x
jojo10834
x
juren98
x
justellen
x
katerebecca
x
kerry_wx
x
kerryrevie
x
khuman97
x
kn6440
x
KomradeKorbyn
x
Kozmo
x
kvothe the arcane
x
Laurasaur
x
laurenb7
x
liquity
x
Loody Nagy
x
Look DoNot Touch
x
lovegoodjpg
x
LovetheDivergent
x
Loyale
x
marmbite
x
matt1306
x
MayhemTM
x
Millie-3
x
minä
x
MrMackyTv
x
nasm
x
Neuth
x
nightwing51214
x
@Mayhem™
@Tank Girl, @Euclidean wants a blog but is having trouble creating it? Can you advise?
Reply 59
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
@Tank Girl, @Euclidean wants a blog but is having trouble creating it? Can you advise?

Sorry! We've closed entries for this year now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending