The Student Room Group

Does it matter what University I graduate from (Computer Science)

Hey guys,

this has been really bugging me for awhile, i would appreaciate your feedback. I am attending a mid ranked university in Canada (ranked 50th), and i keep thinking i should try and transfer to another more prestigious school because i feel as i would be putting myself a step behind. Ultimately my question is....

Do employers in this day and age really care from what university you graduate from in Computer Science? I mean, at the end of the day we have the same degree and we have learnt for the most part the same content. I am also getting a dual degree, with Computer Science and Business Administration.

Thanks in advance!!
Try CScareerquestions subreddit it's full of people from NA who sre in the field. They will probably tell you no it doesn't matter much if you have learnt a lot of stuff yourself on the side... Depending on what kind of role you're aiming for.
Reply 2
Original post by trukanda
Hey guys,

this has been really bugging me for awhile, i would appreaciate your feedback. I am attending a mid ranked university in Canada (ranked 50th), and i keep thinking i should try and transfer to another more prestigious school because i feel as i would be putting myself a step behind. Ultimately my question is....

Do employers in this day and age really care from what university you graduate from in Computer Science? I mean, at the end of the day we have the same degree and we have learnt for the most part the same content. I am also getting a dual degree, with Computer Science and Business Administration.

Thanks in advance!!

no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending