The Student Room Group

What is a UCAS Tariff Score?

Hiya. Just wondering what a UCAS Tariff Score is. Is it the total amount of UCAS points or?
Original post by SubZero~
Hiya. Just wondering what a UCAS Tariff Score is. Is it the total amount of UCAS points or?

Hi, Basically your grades change into points and all of them add together to receive a total. If a university say 300 UCAS Points for example it can alter between different varies of grades (A* and other lower grades) as long as it adds to the total. Only certain types of qualifications are included in the tariff though so best checking on there website to see if yours is included.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Hi, Basically your grades change into points and all of them add together to receive a total. If a university say 300 UCAS Points for example it can alter between different varies of grades (A* and other lower grades) as long as it adds to the total. Only certain types of qualifications are included in the tariff though so best checking on there website to see if yours is included.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loughborough have an average UCAS score of around 410+. What would this mean? What would I have to do to meet this?
Loughborough have an average UCAS score of around 410+. What would this mean? What would I have to do to meet this?

Are you in your first year of a-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you in your first year of a-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup!
(edited 8 years ago)

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables
Yup!

Sorry I'm unable to help much now then, I'm in year 13 the second year so I'm only aware of the current system.. I know they're changing the tariff so I don't know what the points would be equivalent of. Best check UCAS website when you apply for uni, currently all the data on universities website is for my year entry (2016). I've been told that due to the changes of a-levels the way they're asking for grades is different.
Sorry I'm unable to help much now then, I'm in year 13 the second year so I'm only aware of the current system.. I know they're changing the tariff so I don't know what the points would be equivalent of. Best check UCAS website when you apply for uni, currently all the data on universities website is for my year entry (2016). I've been told that due to the changes of a-levels the way they're asking for grades is different.

Thank you anyway!
Thank you anyway!

It's fine sorry I couldn't be of more help.. no-one really knows how it's going to work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

It's not relevant. Check the entry requirements for the specific course at Loughborough. It's likely to be some grades at A-Level (eg AAB) or equivalent not an overall tariff score.

That's what you have to achieve. Not the overall tariff that averages very high and not so high student scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It's not relevant. Check the entry requirements for the specific course at Loughborough. It's likely to be some grades at A-Level (eg AAB) or equivalent not an overall tariff score.

That's what you have to achieve. Not the overall tariff that averages very high and not so high student scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! I was super worried. I need at least AAB for the course I would want so. Thank you! :smile:
Reply 12
I need at least AAB for the course I would want so. Thank you! :smile:

Lucky guess by me :smile:

No problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore it, because
a) that's just looking at all the UCAS points that their applicants got, including in a variety of completely irrelevant things that the uni doesn't care about, from general studies to pony care.
b) they will express their offer in terms of grades - you only need to meet the entry requirements stated on their website.

It's fine sorry I couldn't be of more help.. no-one really knows how it's going to work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes we do! The details of the tariff that will be used for 2017 entry onwards are at https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/tariff-2017
Can someone help me! I got an offer today and the conditions says 'a minimum of 280 UCAS tariff points with 260 tariff points' can anyone explain to me what this means and what the difference is between the two types of points? Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blondie864
Can someone help me! I got an offer today and the conditions says 'a minimum of 280 UCAS tariff points with 260 tariff points' can anyone explain to me what this means and what the difference is between the two types of points? Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not a full sentence. If there isn't any more, you will need to contact the university and ask. Paste everything here and let us see.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
That's not a full sentence. If there isn't any more, you will need to contact the university and ask. Paste everything here and let us see.

his offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS tariff points with 260 tariff points from 3 GCE A levels or AVCEs. Remaining tariff points can be made up from any GCE, VCE and AS Awards to a maximum of the equivalent of 3.5 GCE A Levels where no subject is duplicated.

^^ that's what it says! I think I misread it from the way it was set out but can someone explain to me what that means just so I'm 100%?!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
his offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS tariff points with 260 tariff points from 3 GCE A levels or AVCEs. Remaining tariff points can be made up from any GCE, VCE and AS Awards to a maximum of the equivalent of 3.5 GCE A Levels where no subject is duplicated.

^^ that's what it says! I think I misread it from the way it was set out but can someone explain to me what that means just so I'm 100%?!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to get 260 points from 3 full A levels and the remaining 20 can come from anything else you've got, put simply.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You need to get 260 points from 3 full A levels and the remaining 20 can come from anything else you've got, put simply.

Thank u so so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank u so so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending