The Student Room Group

Am I good enough to self-teach C4

Hi guys, I won't get into the reasons why I'm in this predicament but basically I have the option of doing Further Maths A level or AS, if i were to do the A level I would need to self teach myself C4 over the summer in order to catch up with other 12 module sets,

I'm quite good at maths, averaging about 95 and 90 in C1 and C2 respectively at the moment, and around 80 in C3 (%)

Do you think I would be able to self teach C4 or at least most of it?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Don Joiner
Hi guys, I won't get into the reasons why I'm in this predicament but basically I have the option of doing Further Maths A level or AS, if i were to do the A level I would need to self teach myself C4 over the summer in order to catch up with other 12 module sets,

I'm quite good at maths, averaging about 95 and 90 in C1 and C2 respectively at the moment, and around 80 in C3 (%)

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
Reply 2
I know a few Al Qaeda members who could help teach you C4

Better rep me i'm probably on the MI5 terror list now
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken
Yes.

Do you think? I've heard it's so hard tho ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Do you think? I've heard it's so hard tho ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not hard at all. You'll do fine.
Reply 5
Original post by Zacken

Thanks for the encouragement :smile: did you self teach it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks for the encouragement :smile: did you self teach it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember to use TSR to ask questions! And yeah, I did.
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Remember to use TSR to ask questions! And yeah, I did.

Yes! But are you insanely gifted at maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by whorace
I know a few Al Qaeda members who could help teach you C4

Better rep me i'm probably on the MI5 terror list now

c13.jpg
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nopes. Average. If you want @Palette has just recently finished self-teaching C4 he may be able to share his experiences.
Original post by Zacken

Its quite easy if you have a maths-orientated depressed life with no friends, like you..

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Self teaching in my opinion is easier and faster than learning in class if you go to a state school. It should not be a problem for you.

By the way may of us on here (Zacken, physicsmaths, myself to name a few) self teach so if you need any tips/help you should just ask and I'm sure you will get a reply quite quickly.

If I could go back now I would have dropped out of 6th form all together after year 12. I honestly think if you have the discipline to self teach yourself the A-Level content it can be done very efficiently for basically all STEM subjects.
Reply 12
Original post by GeologyMaths
Its quite easy if you have a maths-orientated depressed life with no friends, like you..

Legit lmao because you're the one who trolls online maths forums on Saturday night. :rofl:
Original post by Zacken
Legit lmao because you're the one who trolls online maths forums on Saturday night. :rofl:

Saturday??

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is very bright however from what I have observed he also has good discipline which is arguably more important (maybe not but kinda yes) for A-Levels.
Original post by GeologyMaths

Don't be mean to Zacken he has a green name. You better watch your mouth or you will find yourself in the same situation as that Duck man person.

Seriously though @Zacken why do these trolls always hate on you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, he is.

You'd be fine to self teach though, most of my friends found C4 more straightforward than C3 actually.
Reply 17
Original post by tinkerbella~
Yes, he is.

You'd be fine to self teach though, most of my friends found C4 more straightforward than C3 actually.

Really? I'm worried that I would sort of 'half-get' the topics if I self taught and not like fully grasp them? I really want to do the full A level but self teaching arguably the hardest module I'll do is so daunting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I'm worried that I would sort of 'half-get' the topics if I self taught and not like fully grasp them? I really want to do the full A level but self teaching arguably the hardest module I'll do is so daunting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you keep thinking about it being the "hardest module", I promise you, it's not! My sister is really NOT gifted in maths, she doesn't even want to do it at uni, but I'm currently teaching her extra modules and by the end of this year she'll be doing twelve. All you need is some discipline, patience, and a good interest in maths, you'll be more than sorted. Hell, you might enjoy it and decide to do more stuff on your own!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not that bad trust me, it seems hard looking in but you will get used to it real quick. If you are on Edexcel (I hope you are) the textbooks are really good and there are tons of resources for self teaching.

Quick Reply

Latest