The Student Room Group

greatest quote of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Blind Ferret
I dunno, that's pretty hard for me. I can't torrent them and they're not online. The only place is the library and I'm not allowed within 200ft of school kids. So... I guess you can call me Mr **** outta luck.

m8 that's pretty sick about the schoolkids
Original post by nohomo
What about spinning a roulette wheel with 999 1's and one 2? You'd generally get 1's coming up, but if you repeated sufficiently often, you might get a 2

I think you have misunderstood, if you recreate the same environment in which you carried out the test the result cannot possibly be different.
Same starting position of the ball, and spin position of the roulette wheel, same hand movement, same force. The result cannot possibly be dofferent
Original post by nohomo
m8 that's pretty sick about the schoolkids

m8 it's not my fault they didn't listen when I said 'snitches get stitches' ... Guess that's one quote they'll remember
Original post by nohomo
If the meaning of life is to give life meaning (and nothing else as this seems to imply), how does this work? Do you not get caught in some infinite cycle of trying to give life meaning, looking at the meaning of life, and concluding that you have to give life meaning, and so on?

It means that you shouldn't go around purposefully looking for the meaning of life, but rather let your human expression and will do what you want to accomplish the most. Do what makes you happy, what "sets your soul free" so to speak.

Everyone is born into unique lives purely by chance - this quote is almost saying that life's a challenge to make the most of. Because in truth, we're all insignificant specks in time. We too shall pass. But let us not waste the precious time we have doing nothing to advance ourselves but ponder over a phrase. Everyone has a talent that'll make their lives worth living no matter how bad things get (not just things like drawing or being sporty, but certain emotions and thinking patterns are also talents).

//your spirit journey ends here

Spoiler

Reply 25
No.
-Rosa Parks
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss ideas, small minds discuss people -Eleanor Roosevelt.
"I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already." - Tommy Cooper.
Minimum wage is like work enthusiasm, it disappears quickly. Anonymous

One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least somebody's listening. Franklin P. Jones

i thought a thought that i thought i had thought but the thought that i had thought wasn't the thought that i had thought i had thought so maybe if i had thought the thought that i thought i thought i wouldn't of thought so much- Anonymous

A first-grade teacher, Ms. Brooks, was having trouble with one of her students. The teacher asked, "Harry, what's your problem?"

Harry answered, "I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the 3rd grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd grade too!"

Ms. Brooks had had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office.

While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal what the situation was. The principal told Ms. Brooks he would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agreed to take the test.

Principal: "What is 3 x 3?"

Harry: "9."

Principal: "What is 6 x 6?"

Harry: "36."

And so it went with every question the principal thought a 3rd grader should know.

The principal looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her, "I think Harry can go to the 3rd grade"

Ms. Brooks says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions."

The principal and Harry both agreed.

Ms. Brooks asks, "What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?"

Harry, after a moment: "Legs."

Ms. Brooks: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?"

The principal wondered why would she ask such a question!

Harry replied: "Pockets."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a dog do that a man steps into?"

Harry: "Pants."

Ms. Brooks: What starts with a C, ends with a T, is hairy, oval, delicious and contains thin, whitish liquid?"

Harry: "Coconut."

The principal sat forward with his mouth hanging open.

Ms. Brooks: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?"

The principal's eyes opened really wide and before he could stop the answer, Harry replied, "Bubble gum."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting down and a dog does on three legs?"

Harry: "Shake hands."

The principal was trembling.

Ms. Brooks: "What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a lot of heat and excitement?"

Harry: "Firetruck."

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher, "Put Harry in the fifth-grade, I got the last seven questions wrong.- Unknown^^ not really a quote but it's amusing

You're so stupid you threw a rock at the ground and missed.- Anonymous

Quick Reply

Latest