The Student Room Group

Russian history - 1945 to 2000

So my coursework question is; "Assess the significance of war in changing the nature of Russian government and society from 1825 to 2000". I've analysed and evaluated war as a stimuli for change from 1800 to 1939, but I'm struggling on anything after 1945 because I can't really find anything on it.

Were there any changes in society or Russian government after 1945 due to war?
The Soviet–Afghan War had a pretty big impact on the USSR/Russia. That would be the war I'd research, but that's just me.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
The Soviet–Afghan War had a pretty big impact on the USSR/Russia. That would be the war I'd research, but that's just me.

Thanks, but I still can't find any impacts that had on Russian government or society. Maybe I'll just have to say that nothing actually happened after 1945?
Original post by ZakMoon
Thanks, but I still can't find any impacts that had on Russian government or society. Maybe I'll just have to say that nothing actually happened after 1945?

I'm not going to do your work for you but I can tell you that invading Afghanistan and the disastrous war that followed did indeed have a huge impact on Russian society and its politicians. That's my idea, you just need to research it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending