The Student Room Group

Physics A Level

I want to do physics at A level as I love the subject but I don't want to do maths at A level and I only got a B in maths for my GCSE mock. How hard will I find it at A level and do you think I should choose something else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alanna11
I want to do physics at A level as I love the subject but I don't want to do maths at A level and I only got a B in maths for my GCSE mock. How hard will I find it at A level and do you think I should choose something else?

If you put in the time and effort you shouldn't find it to hard :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ribenas
If you put in the time and effort you shouldn't find it to hard :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Its actually quite interessant and is considered abit easier than Chemistry (hence the "a bit" because it is hard but isnt too hard) Anyways, let your passions lead the way :smile:
Reply 4
I do physics without maths and love it! :biggrin:
It might be a bit hard in the beginning but then with practise and hard work it's absolutely fine.
Also if you do physics without maths, choose another science instead.
Original post by Oblivion99
Its actually quite interessant and is considered abit easier than Chemistry (hence the "a bit" because it is hard but isnt too hard) Anyways, let your passions lead the way :smile:

Are you french?
not sure about a2 but as was fine without maths. I'm pretty sure though there are only a couple of things from as maths in a2 physics so you can learn them on your own
Original post by geniequeen48
Are you french?

I can speak it. :smile:
I can speak it. :smile:

Chemistry > Physics squad.

I love Chemistry.

Redox out of here.
Reply 9
A2 Physics is a serious challenge omg

First time I've been struggling with course content in, well, ever
Original post by Alexion
A2 Physics is a serious challenge omg

First time I've been struggling with course content in, well, ever

Really?! What topics do you learn at A2?

I think a B is sufficient to do physics. You will have to do quite a few complex calculations so your fundamentals need to be very good. Theeres no shame in asking for help anyway a couple of my friends did physics but were absolutely dreadful in maths. They talked to the maths teachers and did a bit of revision. I doubt you'd actually struggle with the maths side of physics anyway haha :smile:
Original post by High Stakes
Chemistry > Physics squad.

I love Chemistry.

Redox out of here.

Maths>biology>chemistry>physics

:smile:
Original post by aamirac
Really?! What topics do you learn at A2?

Capacitors, relativity, SHM, gravitational forces (that bit's ok), ideal gas theory, molecular kinetic theory, quantum energy states, electromagnetic fields & machines, more radiation stuff...

I'm sure I've missed bits out, and it'll probably be a different spec, but there's too much confusing stuff :cry2:
Original post by Shiv is Light
Maths>biology>chemistry>physics

:smile:

Woah how is Biology over Chemistry and Physics?

More like:

Maths > Chemistry > Biology > Physics :colone:
Original post by Alexion
Capacitors, relativity, SHM, gravitational forces (that bit's ok), ideal gas theory, molecular kinetic theory, quantum energy states, electromagnetic fields & machines, more radiation stuff...

I'm sure I've missed bits out, and it'll probably be a different spec, but there's too much confusing stuff :cry2:

Ideal Gas: PV =nRT

Chemists don't have to derive it hehehehe...Just use it.
Ideal Gas: PV =nRT

Chemists don't have to derive it hehehehe...Just use it.

pV = nRT
pV = NkT
pV = 1/3nmc2

ugh
Woah how is Biology over Chemistry and Physics?

More like:

Maths > Chemistry > Biology > Physics :colone:

God damn, motherfu**ing mechanisms!
Original post by Alexion

I should probably learn that in the summer to get prepared! But the radiation module looks interesting :biggrin:

Good Luck! :woo:
Original post by Shiv is Light
God damn, motherfu**ing mechanisms!

Mechanisms are bae wtf.

Love elimination, substitution and all dat!

Quick Reply

Latest