The Student Room Group

Should I go watch a movie by myself?

Well - I really really REALLY wanna see Deadpool in cinemas. But my brother won't go with me. The other one is 14 and he wants to go but it's rated 15+ and loads of people have been getting ID'd so I'm not risking that. There's no way IN HELL I'm gonna go see it with my parents :lol:

Most of my friends aren't into superhero stuff, and the ones that are went to see it a few days ago but I couldn't go.

So... should I go by myself? Will it be awkward? Has anyone done this? Is it sad? Where do I sit?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
By yourself?
If you want to.

Will it be awkward?
Yes.

Is it sad?
Yes

Where do I sit?
On a chair.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by z33

So... should I go by myself? Will it be awkward? Has anyone done this? Is it sad? Where do I sit?

omg z333 i knew this would be you lol

also uh dont go with anyone from ur family z33 it willl be so0o0o0o0o awks omg srslyy go alone or w/ friends

and im not into super hero stuff but it was rrly good and i liked it, try to take like 1 friend with u so then ur not completely bored before the movie starts but tbh we all agreed not to talk when the movie started so it wasn't toooo necessary

it's a rrlly good movie pls avoid spoilers and waaaaaaaaaatchhh it sooon

also sit at the back ini
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by zanner
omg z333 i knew this would be you lol

also uh dont go with anyone from ur family z33 it willl be so0o0o0o0o awks omg srslyy go alone or w/ friends

and im not into super hero stuff but it was rrly good and i liked it, try to take like 1 friend with u so then ur not completely bored before the movie starts but tbh we all agreed not to talk when the movie started so it wasn't toooo necessary

it's a rrlly good movie pls avoid spoilers and waaaaaaaaaatchhh it sooon

Ahaha yeah I don't know what to do!
Well my brothers are cool about stuff like that cos we've played all the GTAs together we're all traumatised but they don't wanna/ can't go T_T but okay x'DD.

alriiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt I'll watch it soon if I find someone to go with!!!
Reply 4
Omg Z33 I'm going to watch it on Thursday with a few friends. Don't go with family it'll be awkward and force one of your friends to go. It looks amazing!!! And it'll be super awkward to go on your own and you need someone to laugh with. :smile:

Or come with me :biggrin:
Just go. If ten year olds can go watch 12+ movies, then why can't you watch 15+?
literally just do it, no one cares when you're there they all just want to enjoy the movie and they'll just assume someone cancelled at the last minute or something, you dont NEED someone there to watch deadpool with you.. like movies are made for individual enjoyment man its just like listening to music... anyway go for it

also sit near the back i guess
Go!! I watched it the other day and its the best movie I've ever seen! It has everything! I wanna go again, pitty I can't afford it!

Oh and there was at least 2 guys in there on their own so yeah, its not uncommon.
(edited 8 years ago)
once maybe... people may notice a pattern if you keep going alone...? :dontknow:
Reply 9
Original post by z33
Ahaha yeah I don't know what to do!
Well my brothers are cool about stuff like that cos we've played all the GTAs together we're all traumatised but they don't wanna/ can't go T_T but okay x'DD.

alriiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt I'll watch it soon if I find someone to go with!!!

tbh if ur brothers are fine with it

go with them

it'll be siq
Original post by z33
Well - I really really REALLY wanna see Deadpool in cinemas. But my brother won't go with me. The other one is 14 and he wants to go but it's rated 15+ and loads of people have been getting ID'd so I'm not risking that. There's no way IN HELL I'm gonna go see it with my parents :lol:

Most of my friends aren't into superhero stuff, and the ones that are went to see it a few days ago but I couldn't go.

Go by yourself. So what, its not the end of the world. Yeah you might get a few looks or whatever but don't give a single ****, enjoy the movie and enjoy your day :smile: Sit where you feel most comfortable
Original post by Studentxoxo
Go by yourself. So what, its not the end of the world. Yeah you might get a few looks or whatever but don't give a single ****, enjoy the movie and enjoy your day :smile: Sit where you feel most comfortable

Bad advice don't go alone OP what are you a loner? Go with a couple of friends or something.
Reply 12
Original post by the bear
once maybe... people may notice a pattern if you keep going alone...? :dontknow:

yeah im only going once because no one would go with me this time ;_;

Original post by Studentxoxo

alright cos I don't wanna be sitting at the front by myself if that's awkward x'D
ill go with you z33 :biggrin:
Try to convince one of your friends to go see it again.
If they don't want to, then book tickets online for you and your brother and print them out yourself. I always book student tickets online and never get my ID checked.

Don't be afraid to go on your own though. It really isn't that big of a deal.
Original post by Xenon17
Bad advice don't go alone OP what are you a loner? Go with a couple of friends or something.

I'm sure its not the end of the world if someone goes once to watch a movie on their own but yeah you're right. You'll have more fun with others with you
If you want to watch a film just go watch it ffs, why does everything have to be a forced social thing :/
You clearly want to see the film, don't ask validation from a community of extremely autistic students :rofl:
Just go.

I don't remember the last time I saw a film on my own tbh, was probably 2 years ago I think. It wasn't awkward for me, it's as awkward as you make it. If you act like an autist then it'll be awkward, if you act like a normal person it'll be fine. And no it's not sad, if your friends don't wanna go and schedules aren't working out then don't miss out cos of that.
I went to see a movie, also deadpool, by myself for the first time the other day. It's kind of odd not having anyone with you but at the same time it's awesome just to be able to sit by yourself and focus on the movie. Plus you can always phone a friend afterwards to talk about it

Also don't listen to anyone calling you weird or whatever for doing so, just cause you can do something independently doesn't make you a loner
Reply 18
What is awkward in this movie that you cannot see with your parents?
Reply 19
Original post by Josb
What is awkward in this movie that you cannot see with your parents?

you played the videogame?

Spoiler

I've been told it's pretty bad and if it's anything like that man I ain't no way in hell I'm watching that with my parents x'DDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending