The Student Room Group

Does only one ISA assessment get submitted to the exam board? (AQA)

I haven't done particularly well in one of the ISAs I've done so far, getting a C. I've done two ISAs so far this year, and am doing another one next week.

Will only one of these be submitted to the exam board, or all three? I'm a triple-science student, and I really wanted to get an A* for Science, but I'm scared that the ISA might push my grades down.

According to my teacher, I did brilliantly on ISA 1, but messed up in ISA2.

PLEASE REPLY.
Reply 1
If you do triple, all three are used. One each for your Physics, Chemistry and Biology GCSEs.
Original post by Edosawr
If you do triple, all three are used. One each for your Physics, Chemistry and Biology GCSEs.

So what you're saying is I've screwed my Physics GCSE...

OMG.

WHAT DO I DO.
Reply 3
Original post by Writer_Refresh
So what you're saying is I've screwed my Physics GCSE...

OMG.

WHAT DO I DO.

You could maybe ask to redo it!! Some of the people in my class are able to do that! :smile:
Reply 4
I haven't done particularly well in one of the ISAs I've done so far, getting a C. I've done two ISAs so far this year, and am doing another one next week.

Will only one of these be submitted to the exam board, or all three? I'm a triple-science student, and I really wanted to get an A* for Science, but I'm scared that the ISA might push my grades down..

If you are doing separate Sciences, I think there are 2 possible ISAs for each Science, of which one must be submitted (that's definitely the case for Edexcel, not so certain for AQA). Not all schools will find the time to make students attempt 2 for each Science though.
Reply 5
Basically for triple you're meant to do two Isas for each subject e.g for chemistry 1 isa on rates of reaction and one on hard water.

Your best ISA will be submitted any ways that's how it works at my school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LunaTy
Basically for triple you're meant to do two Isas for each subject e.g for chemistry 1 isa on rates of reaction and one on hard water.

Your best ISA will be submitted any ways that's how it works at my school

Posted from TSR Mobile

We haven't done that! We've only done one ISA per subject, and that's it! I'm in Year 11 as well, so it's not like I have another year! D:
We haven't done that! We've only done one ISA per subject, and that's it! I'm in Year 11 as well, so it's not like I have another year! D:

It's still possible to get an A* overall after getting a C. You just need basically 100 UMS in the exams
Reply 8
I do triple and we are doing 1 ISA for chemistry, one for physics and one for biology
Is the ISA 25% of the final grade?
Your gonna have to revise hard for that exam.
Original post by Bexxi44
I do triple and we are doing 1 ISA for chemistry, one for physics and one for biology
Is the ISA 25% of the final grade?

Yes it is 25%. So if you mess up, that could be the difference between an A* or an A.
Original post by petrblak
Yes it is 25%. So if you mess up, that could be the difference between an A* or an A.

Okay, now I'm going to panic. But I was planning on asking my teacher if I could redo my ISA because it was the first one I'd ever done one, and I wasn't experienced much. I think I'd do better now.
Okay, now I'm going to panic. But I was planning on asking my teacher if I could redo my ISA because it was the first one I'd ever done one, and I wasn't experienced much. I think I'd do better now.

You can't re-do the same ISA - the exam rules specifically forbid it.
Original post by Compost
You can't re-do the same ISA - the exam rules specifically forbid it.

D: OMG. What do I do?! A C will bring down my grades by a magnitude! I normally get A/A*s in the exam papers, but the ISAs have ruined my life ;-;

Apparently I messed up the second paper, and did really well on the first one. Can't I do a new physics ISA at least?
(edited 8 years ago)
Can't I do a new physics ISA at least?

You can do a different one, just not re-do the same one.
Original post by Compost
You can do a different one, just not re-do the same one.

Okay, thank you so much for making that point clear! This makes me feel more at ease about the whole situation.

Quick Reply

Latest