The Student Room Group

rejected email but nothing on ucas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonbabes
My predicted grades were much higher than what they were asking, and my application was strong.

But then they said-->
However, we are impressed by your strong academic profile and evident interest in the subject area, and we would still very much like for you to join us at Nottingham. We’d like to make you an offer for the following alternative course: B400 Nutrition (BSc)

Nutrition and Dietetics is generally a rather more competitive course than Nutrition, because it is NHS funded and has better career prospects. They will have offered you the Nutrition course because you have made the cut for that one, but they just don't have enough places for everyone who wants to study N&D. Nutrition at Nottingham might be a good option for you, but don't do it unless you're sure it's right for you (even if that means taking a gap year)

I'll be at ease once I ring them up on Monday so I can brutally just face the fact. You're right, but I don't think my application was any less unless they backed me out for doing a BTEC rather than an Alevel. Either way I believe everything happens for a reason. Life doesn't go like you plan at times, and we can do nothing about it, but to embrace it positively :smile: x

Thanks for your time! I think I should research on how I am going to travel to COVENTRY! :smile: xx

I think it would be a good idea for you to contact them to get some feedback.

I suspect that it is related to your BTEC - no matter what your tutors at college have told you, universities do not regard BTECs as being equal to A Levels - they are generally regarded as being less rigorous and (as they are vocational) not such a good preparation for the academic nature of courses that universities like Nottingham teach.

I'm glad you're embracing things positively :smile: Have you had any other offers yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Origami Bullets
Nutrition and Dietetics is generally a rather more competitive course than Nutrition, because it is NHS funded and has better career prospects. They will have offered you the Nutrition course because you have made the cut for that one, but they just don't have enough places for everyone who wants to study N&D. Nutrition at Nottingham might be a good option for you, but don't do it unless you're sure it's right for you (even if that means taking a gap year)

I think it would be a good idea for you to contact them to get some feedback.

I suspect that it is related to your BTEC - no matter what your tutors at college have told you, universities do not regard BTECs as being equal to A Levels - they are generally regarded as being less rigorous and (as they are vocational) not such a good preparation for the academic nature of courses that universities like Nottingham teach.

I'm glad you're embracing things positively :smile: Have you had any other offers yet?

I've got offers for biomed science and biochemistry at ntu and dietetics at Coventry 😊
Original post by lizmoo0721
When I got rejected by UCL they simply gave the excuse 'the course is full' when I applied in October last year. It does happen, they cannot accommodate everyone.

Well, yes, I know it can, and that is what my post says. I think you have quoted me instead of the OP.
What r u doing now

studying at a different uni
Original post by returnmigrant
If they actually used the phrase 'course full' and you applied before the Jan deadline this is not 'equal consideration' and you should contact UCAS. However, if this is your interpretation of their decision which was actually based on 'you did not rank as highly as other applicants and we are not making any more offers' that is totally different. Be careful how you interpret things - and what you say here about that.

They simply gave the reason the 'course is full'. I didn't really care at the time because I wasn't too fond of UCL anyway. I just assumed my application wasn't good enough, but they could have given a better reason to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending