The Student Room Group

Would you notice if you gained 10kg

I used to weigh myself everyday around December time and then near the end I forgot about it until yesterday when I weighed myself and I seem to be like 8-10kg heavier than I last remember.

I don't feel particularly different and nor did I notice this, would you notice if you put on like 10kg in like 2.5-3 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile
you probably walk a bit slower ?

:beard:
Reply 2
do u like food more now
Reply 3
Original post by zanner
do u like food more now

No I just tend to stay at home so less exercise I guess.

you probably walk a bit slower ?

:beard:

Could be the case, I used to have very low body fat percentage and I don't think I gained pure fat so I don't think it's having a major effect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Dinasaurus
I used to weigh myself everyday around December time and then near the end I forgot about it until yesterday when I weighed myself and I seem to be like 8-10kg heavier than I last remember.

I don't feel particularly different and nor did I notice this, would you notice if you put on like 10kg in like 2.5-3 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel obese after a McDonald's, of course you would feel 10kg.
Reply 5
Original post by jamestg
I feel obese after a McDonald's, of course you would feel 10kg.

Do you think it must be an error in my scale then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Do you think it must be an error in my scale then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps. Are your scales level?
Reply 7
I definitely noticed when I put on 8kg but it was even more obvious when I lost the 8kg and realised how much I'd been overlooking things...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 10kg heavier due to a-levels making me tired all the time. I notice it as a freediver as my ability to hold my breath for ages is going away :/ 4.5 minutes down to 3 now (static dry, no mamilian dive reflex for help)
Definitely, but I think it depends on your size already (height and weight).
Definitely. I'm very slim and my weight is pretty constant so I'd notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At my height an extra 10kg would make me quite fat...so yeah I think I'd notice. :tongue:
Original post by jamestg
Perhaps. Are your scales level?

I think it was actually more like 6 kg when I think about it, would this still be noticeable?
Original post by LiquidGold
Definitely, but I think it depends on your size already (height and weight).

I am between 5 foot 5 and 6, I think maybe taller.

I was around 42-45 kilos depending on the week, now I am 51 kilos.
Reply 13
You'd definitely be able to tell in the mirror. Ive put 1kg on this week which is quite a rapid gain in weight and I can tell by the definition around my chest.

Quick Reply

Latest