The Student Room Group

Density??

Hiya,
my maths teacher told me ages ago that we don't need to learn about density because it is only included in the new reformed GCSEs, but it's in my (higher) maths revision guide (AQA). Do I need to worry about learning this or should I not bother?
Thanks
Amy
I would learn this just to be on the safe side and it shouldn't take too longto learn
Reply 2
Statistical or mechanical density?
Mass/Volume
At GCSE level maths, the ordinary density formula is used which is mass/volume
Original post by Alexion
Statistical or mechanical density?
Reply 5
Original post by brada033
Hiya,
my maths teacher told me ages ago that we don't need to learn about density because it is only included in the new reformed GCSEs, but it's in my (higher) maths revision guide (AQA). Do I need to worry about learning this or should I not bother?
Thanks
Amy

Your teacher is incorrect - density (as in mass/volume) is part of the AQA GCSE syllabus.
Reply 6
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
At GCSE level maths, the ordinary density formula is used which is mass/volume

In which case, I don't see what the issue is, I'd been working with density before GCSE level :/
Reply 7
Lol all u should know is that density = mass over volume, it's basic don't stress
Exactly it's quite simple
Original post by Alexion
In which case, I don't see what the issue is, I'd been working with density before GCSE level :/
Where do the lions live?

In Den city
Thank you everyone, I will make sure I learn this formula (and maybe inform my maths teacher on his mistake)
I was also told it isn't on the syllabus - AQA Linear GCSE Maths?
Original post by surina16
I was also told it isn't on the syllabus - AQA Linear GCSE Maths?

I believe so yes. I will confirm with my new maths teacher on Monday and let you know.

Quick Reply

Latest