The Student Room Group

Biology or physics

Ok so I'm trying to choose my a levels. I plan to do maths, further maths,chemistry French and either biology or physics but I can't decide between the two. I want to keep my university course options open but I enjoy biology more than physics. Any advice?
only do physics if you like it
biology is realllllyyyy boring, i would only do it if you'll need it at uni
Personally I think physics would be better as it compliments both maths and chemistry well (and it is amazing. I know I am a geek). However, if you enjoy biology more and are good at memorising lots of stuff (as you must be if you are taking french) then you will be more inclined to revise it and will therefore do better. I am also in Year 11 and I am thinking of taking maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. How are you doing in those two subjects at the minute??? Is one stronger than the other??? xx
Physics
Fits nicely with maths and chemistry
Original post by savster2000
Ok so I'm trying to choose my a levels. I plan to do maths, further maths,chemistry French and either biology or physics but I can't decide between the two. I want to keep my university course options open but I enjoy biology more than physics. Any advice?

You have answered your own question.

Your options would be open no matter which of the two you decide; however, you enjoy biology more, therefore you should pick biology. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Simple question: Which one looks more interesting and fun?

Physics! :heart:

Biology

Care to shed some light on OP for me?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Physics will broaden your uni options imho

Also it is actually fun unlike biology

Spoiler

Original post by XxKingSniprxX

X
Biology
X

Spoiler

PRSOM

Biology

Spoiler

Although I don't do physics and yes plant biology is awfully dull, that's not an accurate representation of both A level specifications haha. I have friends who study physics and I study biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Although I don't do physics and yes plant biology is awfully dull, that's not an accurate representation of both A level specifications haha. I have friends who study physics and I study biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regardless of the picture, Physics is much more engaging helps with problem solving skills especially in maths. Biology on the other hand is just memorisation.

I'd go for biology. It's very important that you enjoy your A levels. However, only take biology if you think you would consider doing a life science degree or maybe a healthcare course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regardless of the picture, Physics is much more engaging helps with problem solving skills especially in maths. Biology on the other hand is just memorisation.

Very biased point of view
Original post by Sacred Ground
Very biased point of view

Quick Reply

Latest