The Student Room Group

Muslims, what do you of asexuals

I have met Muslims who say they are not planning to get married and I'm thinking the same. It's a tough decision for me but I think I just wont cut it in being a good parent. I just want to know whether there is anything wrong with this mentality. No abuse at asexuals please. Thanks.
Reply 1
Sorry for the typo on the thread heading.
I don't really know enough to form an opinion, although, I do know that some say that marriage is half of your deen.
Reply 3
Original post by fire_and_ice
I don't really know enough to form an opinion, although, I do know that some say that marriage is half of your deen.

But what about asexuals Muslims who of course won't be able to have kids?
Original post by Anonymous

Why can't asexuals have kids?
it's your choice whether you want to marry or not...
But i think in the Quran, it mentioned that you gotta marry and have kids so the generation will continue...
but i dunno, it's your own choice
:h:
Reply 6
Not my life, not bothered.
I have met Muslims who say they are not planning to get married and I'm thinking the same. It's a tough decision for me but I think I just wont cut it in being a good parent. I just want to know whether there is anything wrong with this mentality. No abuse at asexuals please. Thanks.

Marriage is obligatory for those who have desires and are able to afford being married. Contrary to popular lay opinion, you don't have to get married. The hadith which states "marriage is half your deen" is normally misinterpreted by youth.

Two great examples too show marriage not being obligatory are the scholars Imam Nawawi and Ibn Taymiyya. Two great scholars of Islam who did not marry, despite living to reasonable ages.
Reply 8
Original post by Philbert
Why can't asexuals have kids?

I meant have your own kids. Of course they cab adopt.
Reply 9
Original post by fatima1998
it's your choice whether you want to marry or not...
But i think in the Quran, it mentioned that you gotta marry and have kids so the generation will continue...
but i dunno, it's your own choice
:h:

This is the problem. Some people don't deserve to be parents and so shouldn't have kids. Some people don't want to have kids becusse they know they are not capable so why cant it be an easy choice?

Like I said previously, I don't have very much knowledge regarding this. Perhaps if you google "is procreation necessary in Islam", you'll find better answers.

:smile:
I meant have your own kids. Of course they cab adopt.

Not finding other people sexually attractive and not desiring sex doesn't mean that asexuals can't have sex at all. It also doesn't mean they are aromantic, with no desire for relationships. I expect the number will be fairly low, but some will want children enough to have sex a few times, and there's always artifical inseminsation.
This is the problem. Some people don't deserve to be parents and so shouldn't have kids. Some people don't want to have kids becusse they know they are not capable so why cant it be an easy choice?

this is the problem... Quran cannot be followed easily in this century
And conservative people don't understand this :angry:
just do what your heart says... everything has the right time :u:
Marriage is obligatory for those who have desires and are able to afford being married. Contrary to popular lay opinion, you don't have to get married. The hadith which states "marriage is half your deen" is normally misinterpreted by youth.

Two great examples too show marriage not being obligatory are the scholars Imam Nawawi and Ibn Taymiyya. Two great scholars of Islam who did not marry, despite living to reasonable ages.

I think in the UK there are a lot of people who cant afford kids. I think i won't be able to afford to.

Ru saying if you don't marry you will live to a good age
That's like saying strictly gay man can have their own kids. Odd.
Original post by Philbert
Not finding other people sexually attractive and not desiring sex doesn't mean that asexuals can't have sex at all. It also doesn't mean they are aromantic, with no desire for relationships. I expect the number will be fairly low, but some will want children enough to have sex a few times, and there's always artifical inseminsation.
That's like saying strictly gay man can have their own kids. Odd.

They... can though? I'm not sure why you find it odd.
To each their own.

If that's your choice and your decision, then good for you.

I hope you are able to find happiness in whatever form you choose.

:hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Muslims that say they're not looking to get married are usually the first ones to get married off lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending