The Student Room Group

I'm 17, he's 19. Is this age gap too much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by preetg97
Nah don't worry, I'm 18 and my non-existent boyfriend is 89 like half the people on TSR

:frown:
Original post by Camoron
That is almost bordering on paedophillia...almost

Paedophila is being attracted to children. The person in question is attracted to somebody who isn't a child in legal terms.

So nah it's not at all really.
Reply 22
Original post by mkap
i once went out with someone who was 23 when i was 16

Attachment not found
when I was 20 going on 21 I was with a girl who was only just 17 - I didn't find it weird - we had a lot in common. we were at the same work too. and yeah, we did have sex
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by GUMI
Attachment not found

cant see the attachment
Reply 25
Nah. I'm gonna be 19 while my girlfriend is 17 for a bit
Reply 26
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Paedophila is being attracted to children. The person in question is attracted to somebody who isn't a child in legal terms.

So nah it's not at all really.

I mentioned the word 'almost' twice yet you will still blind to the point I was making. ALMOST, not DEFINITE
Original post by TheGreatImposter
2 years is nothing. Date him girl!

lol
Original post by Anonymous
(We are both guys, not that it makes a difference)

I've just turned 17, and he turned 19 a bit before me. I'm mature for 17 if I may say so myself.
He's in first year of uni, in a city about 35mins train journey away and I'm in sixth form.

We were texting for over a week, and he came to my city to meet me. We went on a date and it went really well. He gave me butterflies and stuff, and he told me I gave him them too.
As he left to go home, he asked for another date and gave me a hug which gave me super butterflies and it felt like I was walking on air.

I can'f get him off my mind. I even get excited if I see he's messaged haha.

I'm planning on going to his city in a week or so to see him.

Are all these feelings normal?
Any advice?

No if you weren't born on the exact same day it ain't right. Think you should take a good hard look at yourself and think about what you've done.
i think this is normal?
it's only two years and you're over 16 therefore there isnt actually anything wrong in this situation, go for it!!!:smile:
The ages are a little bit dodgy, as soon he'll be 20 and dating a 17 year old is a tad creepy. The worst bit is that he's in uni and you're still at school. Remember that even if you feel mature, in comparison to his friends you're a child, and you can't join him and his friends clubbing etc, so you may find the differences in what you can do together vs what he can do without you a strain
Original post by monk1324
lol

what?
Original post by TheGreatImposter
what?

They're both guys.
Original post by monk1324
They're both guys.

Oops, completely missed that in the description. I'll edit it out now :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
(We are both guys, not that it makes a difference)

I've just turned 17, and he turned 19 a bit before me. I'm mature for 17 if I may say so myself.
He's in first year of uni, in a city about 35mins train journey away and I'm in sixth form.

We were texting for over a week, and he came to my city to meet me. We went on a date and it went really well. He gave me butterflies and stuff, and he told me I gave him them too.
As he left to go home, he asked for another date and gave me a hug which gave me super butterflies and it felt like I was walking on air.

I can'f get him off my mind. I even get excited if I see he's messaged haha.

I'm planning on going to his city in a week or so to see him.

Are all these feelings normal?
Any advice?

Sounds fine to me!
It's completely fine. 2 years is nothing as long as you're both legal, which you are. Go for it
Original post by Camoron
I mentioned the word 'almost' twice yet you will still blind to the point I was making. ALMOST, not DEFINITE

Yeah but it's not almost at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending