The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Is it hard to get into Manchester University?! :( Help

Im aiming for an AAB or AAA which is their offer however would your personal statement and reference boost your chance of getting in? Is it hard to get into Manchester university?

Thank you :smile:
Depends on the degree? It's the biggest uni in the UK and I'd say with AAB or AAA it should be relatively easy to get in. Research the degree you want to do thoroughly, why it's special for manchester, do relevant work experience if possible and have a good personal statement
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
For my course (Physics) everyone I know was given an offer of A*A*A, lots of them got AAA and still got in (although a lot of them also did EPQ).
Original post by BioStudentx
Depends on the degree? It's the biggest uni in the UK and I'd say with AAB or AAA it should be relatively easy to get in. Research the degree you want to do thoroughly, why it's special for manchester, do relevant work experience if possible and have a good personal statement

I want to do psychology and Ive done many research on it, but does an amazing personal statement allow the university to give you a greater chance of getting in with a set of good A level grades of AAA-AAB?
Original post by Terry Tibbs
For my course (Physics) everyone I know was given an offer of A*A*A, lots of them got AAA and still got in (although a lot of them also did EPQ).

Even with BTEC/ EPQ you can get in? Do you think its hard to get into Manchester University though? I want to study Psychology thats why :smile:
Original post by LemonadeAspire
Even with BTEC/ EPQ you can get in? Do you think its hard to get into Manchester University though? I want to study Psychology thats why :smile:
They did EPQ along with their A levels. Like I said, in my Physics course at Manchester I know several people that got AAA and still got in even though their offer was A*A*A, I'd expect the same level of leniency for a course with lower grade requirements (although other factors such as how big the intake size is might make it harder to get in if you miss your offer).
Original post by Terry Tibbs
They did EPQ along with their A levels. Like I said, in my Physics course at Manchester I know several people that got AAA and still got in even though their offer was A*A*A, I'd expect the same level of leniency for a course with lower grade requirements (although other factors such as how big the intake size is might make it harder to get in if you miss your offer).

I will try my hardest to get the grades in order to get into Manchester, do you think its a great university? Are the people nice too?
I will try my hardest to get the grades in order to get into Manchester, do you think its a great university? Are the people nice too?
I obviously can't say anything about how good your specific course will be but the university in general I think is brilliant. Being the biggest university in the UK, there are so many different kinds people and the social life is like non other. It's also one of the best universities in the UK for employability and ranks highly in terms of international status. I have no doubt that you'll enjoy it here, as long as you put yourself out there and try going to some societies you think you'll enjoy, you'll meet plenty of nice people.
I want to do psychology and Ive done many research on it, but does an amazing personal statement allow the university to give you a greater chance of getting in with a set of good A level grades of AAA-AAB?

If you have the grades - which you do, seeing as they ask for AAB, then it is more than worth you applying. According to Which, 68% of applicants receive offers. They bought the data from UCAS, so it's reliable, but do remember that some of the 32% rejected will have had grades below the requirements http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-manchester-m20/psychology-3-years-9000-c800-46726

If you want to go there, apply :yes:

(From a Manchester graduate)
Original post by Origami Bullets
If you have the grades - which you do, seeing as they ask for AAB, then it is more than worth you applying. According to Which, 68% of applicants receive offers. They bought the data from UCAS, so it's reliable, but do remember that some of the 32% rejected will have had grades below the requirements http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-manchester-m20/psychology-3-years-9000-c800-46726

If you want to go there, apply :yes:

(From a Manchester graduate)

What if you're taking a BTEC (Equal to 2 A levels) along with an A level? Will that limit your chance of getting in because of the BTEC? What did you study at Manchester? :smile:
Reply 10
Biggest uni in the UK - but as has been mentioned previously it really all depends on the course your doing.
It is wonderful university. It constantly ranks in one of the top 30 university in the world by QS. It has got big names in it. 25 nobel prize winners worked or studied at this university. Many breakthrough advancements were made in here. There are currently 4 nobel prize winners who still works in there. However, one of them was thinking of leaving the uk after brexit because he thinks his scientific works will be affected negatively. I dont know he is still there. No matter. University of Manchester is great university. All of their subjects are well respected by employees. University of Manchester receives more applicants than any other university in the UK including Oxford and Cambridge.
did you end up getting in? because i want to do psychology masters here as well but i would be an international student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending