The Student Room Group

Does good skin really make that much difference?

Does good skin really make that much difference to your attractiveness?
I have acne but still get a lot of female attention, i always wonder what i would look like without acne.
Anyone got any pictures to show difference between the 2?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Once someone I was speaking to just stopped me mid sentence and was like

MAN

you have, like, really good skin

this is not the first time it's happened, I think it's hilarious if not creepy(?) I mean... it's skin
Reply 2
Original post by Zenarthra
I have acne but still get a lot of female attention, i always wonder what i would look like without acne.

It makes a difference.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Milzime

MAN

this is not the first time it's happened, I think it's hilarious if not creepy(?) I mean... it's skin

I use to have perfect skin was i was a teenager. Just waiting for my acne to go.
Have had a lot of girls say, acne or no acne you are still attractive.
Reply 4
Original post by Milzime
MAN

haha ik, fgs its only skin.

acne doesnt make a guy unnactractive tbh
Reply 5
Original post by Ribenas
It makes a difference.

The spots kind of draw more attention.
I was at my most sexually active when my skin was at its worst. Likely due to the fact that I went out on the pull every weekend in that period of time, but goes to show that it's not a major hinderance :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by mkap
haha ik, fgs its only skin.

acne doesnt make a guy unnactractive tbh

Well, no one has ever looked better with acne i guess.
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
I was at my most sexually active when my skin was at its worst. Likely due to the fact that I went out on the pull every weekend in that period of time, but goes to show that it's not a major hinderance :smile:

tbh, i think its just hormones. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work.
But fk going to the doctors to get prescriptions.
Reply 9
Well, no one has ever looked better with acne i guess.

yh but it doesnt make them look less attractive
tbh, i think its just hormones. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Accutane works wonders but unfortunately the NHS dosing protocol is far too high which creates very harsh side effects. It's been long established that 30mg a day is pretty much the point of diminishing returns but the NHS are always behind current knowledge and prescribe way over that to some people.
No one is perfect so if you have bad skin at least be muscular. Clear skin does really make a difference in how you look but it doesn't make or break you.
It doesn't change your physical appearance that much - depending on its severity. Saying that, getting rid of acne can work wonders for your self-esteem and confidence is very attractive.
Reply 13
Original post by xobeauty
No one is perfect so if you have bad skin at least be muscular. Clear skin does really make a difference in how you look but it doesn't make or break you.

I am muscular.
[QUOTE=Zenarthra;62880435]tbh, i think its just hormones. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Well you haven't 'tried everything' if you aren't prepared to go to the doctors....
As Woody says Roaccutane is great.

[QUOTE=WoodyMKC;62880675]Accutane works wonders but unfortunately the NHS dosing protocol is far too high which creates very harsh side effects. It's been long established that 30mg a day is pretty much the point of diminishing returns but the NHS are always behind current knowledge and prescribe way over that to some people.

Takes ages to get going tbh and dries your skin out so much so you need to keep applying stuff.
Currently on 30mg a day, rising to 50mg in just over a week... If it ends up shifting the spots on my neck/back i ain't complaining...

This drug (over several cycles) improved my life so much, proper acne became just the odd spot. Never had anything worse than isolated spots on my face since, only neck/upper back gets outbreaks now.
Those steroids i'm taking probably aren't helping :wink:
Original post by Unistudent77
Well you haven't 'tried everything' if you aren't prepared to go to the doctors....
As Woody says Roaccutane is great.

Takes ages to get going tbh and dries your skin out so much so you need to keep applying stuff.
Currently on 30mg a day, rising to 50mg in just over a week... If it ends up shifting the spots on my neck/back i ain't complaining...

This drug (over several cycles) improved my life so much, proper acne became just the odd spot. Never had anything worse than isolated spots on my face since, only neck/upper back gets outbreaks now.
Those steroids i'm taking probably aren't helping :wink:

Fair enough :smile: Just keep an eye on the side effects at 50, a lot of people start getting really depressed and lethargic with sun-sensitive skin and peeling/cracking especially on the lips and inside the nostrils. I tend to just run 30mg every other day for a few months and then drop down to one tablet twice a week for a few months to maintain, works wonders with no side effects :smile:

Is yours prescribed or?

Course not mate, da testosteronez = acne.
Original post by xobeauty
No one is perfect so if you have bad skin at least be muscular.

Smh...

To be honest, good skin does make a huge difference to attractiveness BUT there's other things that make a huge difference to attraction...it's not just looks pal. :smile:
Original post by trapking
Smh...

What's your beef now koo koo?
Reply 19
Original post by trapking
Smh...

Why you posting gay sht like that?

Quick Reply

Latest