The Student Room Group

Failed driving test - Do you think I should appeal???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ebaysass
You can't just expect people not crack under pressure.

You don't want people bottling it when conditions aren't favourable.

Taking a driving test isn't exactly a walk in the park and more or less everyone is bound to find it nerve wrecking to some extent.

Yes, but it's the same test for everyone. Every person you see on the road has had to do the same thing.

No one said anything about being up to scratch, I feel i am perfectly capable

That's exactly the problem. You aren't. If you were, you'd have passed the test.

i was just asking people opinions on whether they felt his decision was justified in which i was given some helpful answers. if you don't have any advice then there is no need to comment.

I felt the need to comment given there are so many people who feel that consistently failing to park close to a curb isn't a reason for failing a test.

and if you're "up to scratch" you will be more than capable of driving around my parked car.

I shouldn't have to drive into oncoming traffic because of your incompetence. Driving into the opposite lane is inherently more dangerous than sitting in my own lane, and in a built up area you'll cause traffic jams. The better option would be to learn to drive properly.

on a good note your info into quotas was insightful.

answered in bold
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by FXX
answered in bold

aint got time for your justifications, but i get your intentions, thanks for your "help" :frown:
If you parked too far from the curb, you could potentially be dangerously obstructing traffic. Also, if you have no witness to attest to the fact that the examiner failed you unfairly then you pretty much have no case, it's the word of an experienced examiner against that of an unqualified driver.

Even if you were to have a strong and eventually successful case, the result of the test wouldn't be overturned, you'd simply get a free retest.
Reply 43
Original post by WoodyMKC
If you parked too far from the curb, you could potentially be dangerously obstructing traffic. Also, if you have no witness to attest to the fact that the examiner failed you unfairly then you pretty much have no case, it's the word of an experienced examiner against that of an unqualified driver.

Even if you were to have a strong and eventually successful case, the result of the test wouldn't be overturned, you'd simply get a free retest.

yep exactly, gonna leave it and try again!
1) Its kerb
2) Appeal even though you kept making the same mistake and he reminded you? ha you can try
Reply 45
Original post by sandvika
1) Its kerb
2) Appeal even though you kept making the same mistake and he reminded you? ha you can try

omg I just realised! haha, I was thinking about it but its just a lengthy process and I could just easily take the test in a few weeks :frown:
Reply 46
Hi everyone,

Please head over to my article as I am in a similar position of wondering whether to appeal or not. My instructor is the one who suggests it, while I’m debating whether it is a waste of time.

Your personal stories and advise would be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest