The Student Room Group

Does good skin really make that much difference?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
What's your beef now koo koo?

That's like the equivalent of me saying if you have eczema at least have big boobs.

Pendejo
[QUOTE=WoodyMKC;62881187]Fair enough :smile: Just keep an eye on the side effects at 50, a lot of people start getting really depressed and lethargic with sun-sensitive skin and peeling/cracking especially on the lips and inside the nostrils. I tend to just run 30mg every other day for a few months and then drop down to one tablet twice a week for a few months to maintain, works wonders with no side effects :smile:

Is yours prescribed or?

Course not mate, da testosteronez = acne.

Well i have v sensitive skin anyway...
So i just hit 'sunbeds' :wink: and i have a nice glow while avoiding the sun....
My course ends May time so by proper summer my skin will be better (there is a lag of about 4 weeks after finishing i have found).

I had a 21st and went like 4pm ans by the next morning my skin felt horrible, sides of my nose had peeled a bit.
However, if you're religious about moisturising and have a decent lip balm then side effects can be managed :smile:

I got accused of using botox my skin was that clear (pre roaccutane) so i'm in a routine of keeping my skin decent.
Unfortunately roaccutane makes my skin less good, still ok.

Prescribed. I get appointments every 6 months as i went back to my GP since it hadn't cleared on my neck properly.

Haha, but in all seriousness... Dat testosterone = acne :frown:
Original post by Zenarthra
Does good skin really make that much difference to your attractiveness?
I have acne but still get a lot of female attention, i always wonder what i would look like without acne.
Anyone got any pictures to show difference between the 2?

It definitely does make a difference as it shows health and virility skin could either make or break a person having clear skin makes you that much more attractive to the opposite sex.
[QUOTE=trapking;62881509]
That's like the equivalent of me saying if you have eczema at least have big boobs.

Pendejo

Typical tsr. Brutal...

The premise of her point stands....
If can improve your skin as best you can, then work on body, clothes, personality, confidence, hair game, beard game etc etc.... Then you can pull.
Original post by trapking

Pendejo

Not really because a girl can't work on getting bigger boobs unless she goes under surgery. Building muscle is natural.

Buceta
Reply 25
Original post by Unistudent77
Typical tsr. Brutal...

If can improve your skin as best you can, then work on body, clothes, personality, confidence, hair game, beard game etc etc.... Then you can pull.

Forget the beard, show the strong jaw instead.
Reply 26
Not really because a girl can't work on getting bigger boobs unless she goes under surgery. Building muscle is natural.

Buceta

Do you think you could beat me up in a fight tho?

Buceta

...then substitute big boobs for big ass (since you can obviously work on that). My point was it's expecting a lil too much; not everyone is perfect.

Xoxota :wink: X
Reply 28
...then substitute big boobs for big ass (since you can obviously work on that). My point was it's expecting a lil too much; not everyone is perfect.

You have just confirmed her point, in her initial post thats what she said. No one is perfect.
How many brain cells are you missing?
You have just confirmed her point, in her initial post thats what she said. No one is perfect.

bro your shots are so weak....

try harder.
[QUOTE=Zenarthra;62881965]Forget the beard, show the strong jaw instead.
Depends on bf%... Depends on what beard you can grow.
I'm talking about a well groomed one which isn't long and fluffy/scraggly.
So you can see a definite jaw line with a lot of good beards. Ie the one Dai Green had on bbc 1 today, Xabi Alonso, Beckham usually rocks a decent one etc.

Or just light stubble (me) as i can't grow a decent one yet and probably won't grow it in properly anyway.

Beard can help hide acne too. Sun beds/the sun can help skin too
Reply 31

try harder.

From the looks of it, you're the one thats weak jaw*
From the looks of it, you're the one thats weak jaw*

Depends on bf%... Depends on what beard you can grow.
I'm talking about a well groomed one which isn't long and fluffy/scraggly.
So you can see a definite jaw line with a lot of good beards. Ie the one Dai Green had on bbc 1 today, Xabi Alonso, Beckham usually rocks a decent one etc.

Or just light stubble (me) as i can't grow a decent one yet and probably won't grow it in properly anyway.

Beard can help hide acne too. Sun beds/the sun can help skin too

try harder.

Forget the beard, show the strong jaw instead.

Do you think you could beat me up in a fight tho?

Buceta

Buceta

Typical tsr. Brutal...

Original post by Black Cat
It definitely does make a difference as it shows health and virility skin could either make or break a person having clear skin makes you that much more attractive to the opposite sex.

Well i have v sensitive skin anyway...
So i just hit 'sunbeds' :wink: and i have a nice glow while avoiding the sun....
My course ends May time so by proper summer my skin will be better (there is a lag of about 4 weeks after finishing i have found).

I had a 21st and went like 4pm ans by the next morning my skin felt horrible, sides of my nose had peeled a bit.
However, if you're religious about moisturising and have a decent lip balm then side effects can be managed :smile:

I got accused of using botox my skin was that clear (pre roaccutane) so i'm in a routine of keeping my skin decent.
Unfortunately roaccutane makes my skin less good, still ok.

Prescribed. I get appointments every 6 months as i went back to my GP since it hadn't cleared on my neck properly.

Haha, but in all seriousness... Dat testosterone = acne :frown:

Pendejo

I'm cool.

I don't see anything wrong with that.... You have one thing your insecure about make sure you work on other things that will help build your confidence.. Whatever it is I was just using muscles as an example.
Good skin can make a difference.
Well I'm fxcked.
I know for one I look a hell of a lot worse when I have spots. Feeling incredibly unattractive atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good skin makes a HUGE difference. i don't know why you guys are lying and saying it does not. Or "its just skin." Acne/bad skin is a turn off to me. Good skin makes you more attractive/healthier.
(edited 8 years ago)
I get spots when I sleep sweating. I know its this because when I don't sleep sweating i doont get spots. But when I do sleep sweating a get a spot 1-2 days after
Reply 39
Original post by Changing Skies
I know for one I look a hell of a lot worse when I have spots. Feeling incredibly unattractive atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ellie0497
Well I'm fxcked.

Sometimes i see snaps of girls with like 1 pimple and they are crying...

Quick Reply

Latest