The Student Room Group

revision alevel exams

has anyone started proper revision for exams ?
how have you started / any tips
Reply 1
Original post by goal101

Yes, most people on TSR have. For tips click the link below. Best tip I can give you is to start now!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3896157&p=62772201#post62772201
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by goal101

just making flashcards and reading them :bored:
If you want some study tips that can help you... here they are:
Study tips- video

[video="youtube;p60rN9JEapg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p60rN9JEapg[/video]

Method of revision:
- mindmaps
- teaching others
- recording yourself and listening back to it
- repeating things aloud
- revising with classmates
- drawing diagrams
- making a song of it
- a silly story to help it stick
- making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
- writing things over and over again
- using colour

Make a list of all the topics, prioritise them by ordering in terms of which you need more help with/need more time to go over, then tackle each one

If there is something you're particularly stuck on, ask the teacher for help!

Get practise from exam and practise questions! It will help to reinforce things and find your weaker areas.

It's not too late start now!!! Give yourself reasonable targets for each day and try to reach them. Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
When did you start revising for as exams ? & thankyou so much
Reply 6
What have you started doing and when did you start do you have a proper revision timetable ?
Reply 7
Original post by haj101
It's not too late start now!!! Give yourself reasonable targets for each day and try to reach them. Good luck :smile:

have you started revising for your exams already do you have a schedule ?
Reply 8
Original post by fatima1998
If you want some study tips that can help you... here they are:
Study tips- video

[video="youtube;p60rN9JEapg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p60rN9JEapg[/video]

Method of revision:
- mindmaps
- teaching others
- recording yourself and listening back to it
- repeating things aloud
- revising with classmates
- drawing diagrams
- making a song of it
- a silly story to help it stick
- making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
- writing things over and over again
- using colour

Make a list of all the topics, prioritise them by ordering in terms of which you need more help with/need more time to go over, then tackle each one

If there is something you're particularly stuck on, ask the teacher for help!

Get practise from exam and practise questions! It will help to reinforce things and find your weaker areas.

Thank you so much for the video and tips - how have you started? when are you gong to add the past papers to your revision or would you start now?
Original post by goal101
Thank you so much for the video and tips - how have you started? when are you gong to add the past papers to your revision or would you start now?

i have started my revision...
also i am working on the pastpapers when i finish the topic, i do the pastpaper or the question of the pastpaper
:h:
Original post by goal101
have you started revising for your exams already do you have a schedule ?

Yes I have and yes I have a strict schedule I make every week and try to meet it.. It helps a lot :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by haj101
Yes I have and yes I have a strict schedule I make every week and try to meet it.. It helps a lot :smile:

That's good, could you give an example like how you'd organise your week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101
That's good, could you give an example like how you'd organise your week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sure, I study religious studies biology and chemistry I find that I need to give more time to biology and chemistry so this is how I go about it:
Each day I will give myself a specific topic from each subject and unit to go over so for eg Monday Respiration (biology unit 4) DNA technology- (which is massive topic so I only cover two/three mini topics from it) then I do the same for chemistry the main thing is you have a structure to your revision and prioritise it based on your weakness (what you find hard) once I feel as though my content is good I start going over questions from papers based on each topic. Also remember when you are revising use the spec as a guide it'll help you out a lot!
All the best ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest