The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well that clearly never happened.
Reply 2
yeah you wish
Reply 3
Just take it on the chin as penance for the multitude of females who suffer this abuse as part of a night out..
Original post by Superhotfire
I was abused last night by a female who touched me in a way I was not comfortable with and she had no permission. I am going to report her to the police and suggest they review cctv footage of the sexual assault I want her put on the list of barred adults and for it to show on a DBS. What are ny chances of success?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeaaahhh....
but i hope it wasn't accidental as it was in the club and club is quite a busy place so anyone can hit anyone accidently
but if she did purposely then she will be....... boom :lol:
#Meninism
You should have just done what a woman would have done and given her a slap round the face.

#EqualRights
Reply 7
I was abused last night by a female who touched me in a way I was not comfortable with and she had no permission. I am going to report her to the police and suggest they review cctv footage of the sexual assault I want her put on the list of barred adults and for it to show on a DBS. What are ny chances of success?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, first off she committed a battery as she applied unlawful force onto you without your permission. You will also have to prove she had some form of intention to commit the battery whether that be direct intent, oblique intent or recklessness. If you can clearly find CCTV footage that can be used as evidence to prove she had some form of intent, it should be game on for you. (I only do AS Law atm just saying)
report it to the police - you are an empowered and independent man
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like you, why isn't there more people like you.
While I can definitely understand your upset at the situation, OP, I'm afraid I'm going to have to echo what others have said and say I doubt the case would be taken seriously to that extent. :redface:

Original post by Reaver Daniels
Well if the awful feminists claim to represent the interests of men, then where are they now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This happens to women all the time. Women don't report it because we've created a culture in which women are taught to expect and put up with this behaviour and there wouldn't be enough manpower to attend every case in which this happens. Where have you been in all those cases?

It's wrong regardless of gender. Stop trying to use this as a way to discredit feminism and focus on the incident itself.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
What are ny chances of success?

Low to extremely low I would suspect.
Reply 12
Quality thread !!
:biggrin:
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Lol, I'm not even a feminist. My point is that if feminists are bringing attention to this when it happens to them, then as they claim to represent men they should also be bringing attention to it when it happens to men.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't claim you were a feminist. Your post would seem to infer you care about men's rights - or you were pretending to care about men's rights as a front for merely discrediting feminism. Just as you stated feminists - if they care about equal rights - should care about men's rights, too, equally you should care about how this happens to women as well as men. It's about equal rights, after all, right?

I'm a feminist and I care about when this happens to any gender - you shouldn't have to be put in a situation where you feel uncomfortable.
Original post by acupofgreentea
While I can definitely understand your upset at the situation, OP, I'm afraid I'm going to have to echo what others have said and say I doubt the case would be taken seriously to that extent. :redface:

This happens to women all the time. Women don't report it because we've created a culture in which women are taught to expect and put up with this behaviour and there wouldn't be enough manpower to attend every case in which this happens. Where have you been in all those cases?

It's wrong regardless of gender. Stop trying to use this as a way to discredit feminism and focus on the incident itself.

This is BS so you're saying thereas nothing in place protecting men from femal sexual predators? Thats so backwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The police are open 24 hours. No need to waste time attention seeking on TSR. Get on the phone 101 for non emergency calls in most areas of the UK iirr.
Original post by PQ
The police are open 24 hours. No need to waste time attention seeking on TSR. Get on the phone 101 for non emergency calls in most areas of the UK iirr.

Learn the art of discussion, or are you just pissed off it didn't happen to you? Is this how you treat victims of abuse? Disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
This is disgraceful and proves how women are just as evil. Report her and try to get her sent down for as much as possible. Don't let unequal treatment of the law towards men deter you. Believe it or not, a girl did this to me and I never reported it. I was nervous. I thought I would be called a wimp. Even now it hurts to think about it. Do what I never did and take action, please, you will not regret it
Reply 18
Original post by PQ

Is this how TSR treats victims of sexual abuse? I really am appalled at some of the comments on here
Reply 19
Original post by acupofgreentea

You have derailed the thread to forward your political motives. This man is a victim of sexual abuse and instead of playing the feminism card, stand up for him and help him. He should call the police and we should do our best to help send her down with the worst possible sentence

Latest