The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MaggyLina
I got an email.about this yesterday.
Could i still join, I'm currently studying 4 A2's and would appreciate any help and encouragement i could get. I think this is a great idea.
I'm studing Maths, Further Maths, Computing and Physics.

Yh same I want to join. I am studying: Maths, Physics and Computing :wink:
Hi I know this says the deadline is 15/2/16 but I've just had an email saying the deadline is the 22nd? Can I still enter? And if so, how do I do it (I've never posted anything on here before so basically I don't have a clue aha)
Original post by _Hafsa
Yes it's finally up and running!
So of course I'm here to enter the competition :biggrin:
First off a little bit about myself...
So I'm in year 11 and part of the already stressed out GCSE students :redface:
My grades at the moment are sort of all over the place, I know I am lacking in science at the moment and hope to grow my grade hugely!
I hope to jump from a C which I'm on now to an A, I know if I push myself I will be able to achieve this. Many of my other subjects I'm sitting on Bs and hope to grow them all to strong confident As & A*s
Let's go :tongue:

exactly in the same position as you are.
btw how far have you got in your revision?:u:
I received an email saying to enter before the 22nd February, am I too late?? TSR website says 15th. I would really love to enter. This sounds like such a super resource!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Noooollllaaaa
I received an email saying to enter before the 22nd February, am I too late?? TSR website says 15th. I would really love to enter. This sounds like such a super resource!!

Same! I'm not sure whether I can still partake or not... :s-smilie:
Original post by ahk98
Could I enter? My goals are AAA-AAB along with a B or an A in EPQ.

Absolutely! :smile: if you haven't already- get your blog started here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

Original post by irishdacner973
How do you make a blog on here??

Here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

:h: Check out other's blogs to see how to get started!
Original post by Noooollllaaaa

Original post by thepewds_
Same! I'm not sure whether I can still partake or not... :s-smilie:

Yes! We extend the deadline until Monday due to popular demand start yours up here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MaggyLina
I got an email.about this yesterday.
Could i still join, I'm currently studying 4 A2's and would appreciate any help and encouragement i could get. I think this is a great idea.
I'm studing Maths, Further Maths, Computing and Physics.

Absolutely! If you haven'y already got a blog set up- you can do it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147
can i enter? will start a blog soon
I'm a B-A boarder line student and I really hope to aim for a few A's at GCSE I really think a scheme like this would motivate and support me through the next few months. Get Revising emailed me today a said the closing date is the 22nd of February but I'm not sure as you have said the 15th of February. I would really like to join the scheme so I'm hoping it's not too late!
I have started a blog a few days ago and I would like to enter to motivate myself to do better in exams and revision!
I would like to enter :smile:
I am in Year 12 and I would like to get all A's in the following: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, and History.
I would say I'm at a C/D standard but that's not good enough for medicine! Hopefully this blog will get me motivated
I have also set up my blog and would like to be entered officially! :smile:
I can't wait to get started. I'm stydying 3 AS levels currently and have plans to study Media Production at uni so this will be helpful.

Goals
Film Studies - A*
History - B/A
English Language - A

I'll get my thread set up ASAP.
Hi, please may I still enter the competition. I've only just received an email about this blogging competition and I think it's a brilliant idea
Original post by harun_farah
exactly in the same position as you are.
btw how far have you got in your revision?:u:

Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling :redface:
Revision is going alright I guess, I do notice a huge improvement in science, many areas I lacked content knowledge in have improved which is great :colondollar:
We begin our next round of mock exams on Monday, so I need to start balancing my revision for all my subjects and not just foccusing on science.
How is it going for you?
(Round about three months left, no pressure)

:bricks:
I think I did it wrong, I made a blog and sent a message to the person owning the thread but got no replies??
Hi! So I just received an email notifying me of this - can I still apply? The email said that the deadline is the 22nd of February - Though I am not sure as this post says its the 15th!
I'm currently studying History and English Literature and Creative Writing at A Level - I did my A Level Urdu last year alongside my As's.
I've applied to study English Lit at Uni and I'm hoping to gain 3 As.
Reply 278
Original post by SheIsShella
Hi! So I just received an email notifying me of this - can I still apply? The email said that the deadline is the 22nd of February - Though I am not sure as this post says its the 15th!
I'm currently studying History and English Literature and Creative Writing at A Level - I did my A Level Urdu last year alongside my As's.
I've applied to study English Lit at Uni and I'm hoping to gain 3 As.

Im in the same position as you, as the email said until 22nd but the thread states the deadline was on the 15th? So are we still allowed to enter cause it would be a great motivator xD
Reply 279
If it is still possible to apply, then my goal is to prove to myself that if I actually invest the effort in, I will be able to even astound myself. Usually I take the easy way out and am happy to scrape by, but once I felt the butterflies of success erupt inside of me it was addictive <3 It just made me feel so proud, like I was worth so much more. But what I found is that I continuously lost motivation and i'd evert back to old habits, until I would look through other people's blogs and be motivated by their enthusiasm. Now it's time I made other people feel motivated by MY enthusiasm and get closer to my goal of not being an underachiever! I'm currently studying at GCSE level so if I can get off to a good start then life would be pretty swell. really hope it's not too late to apply, i'm not the most organised individual so this 'competition' would straighten me up. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending