The Student Room Group

Help history coursework!!!!!!!!

does any 1 know where i can find an exemplar coursework for A2 AQA, doesnt have to be AQA but must be A2, just really struggling here thanks xx

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'd be willing to help you as much as I can with this but please avoid exemplar work. You don't need it, I promise :smile:.
Reply 2
Original post by ivybridge
Hi, I'd be willing to help you as much as I can with this but please avoid exemplar work. You don't need it, I promise :smile:.

aw thanks alot, :smile: really appreciate it!!
i just have no idea what to put on my intro, ive started it, havent finished it and its already gone to 495 words!!!!!!!!!1
Original post by amina510
aw thanks alot, :smile: really appreciate it!!
i just have no idea what to put on my intro, ive started it, havent finished it and its already gone to 495 words!!!!!!!!!1

Okay - firstly, topic and question?
Reply 4
Okay - firstly, topic and question?

topic/question 'to what extent is religon the main cause of conflict in the middle east from 1900-2013

just wanting to know how to embedd sources in my points and firstly what should be in my intro, like all my argument, my answer to that question etc..
topic/question 'to what extent is religon the main cause of conflict in the middle east from 1900-2013

just wanting to know how to embedd sources in my points and firstly what should be in my intro, like all my argument, my answer to that question etc..

What I would have done first, and what I did do, is write a huge narrative on your period, drawing together all relevant or partially relevant information. Then use that to guide the content of your essay and you should do it like PEE.
Reply 6
What I would have done first, and what I did do, is write a huge narrative on your period, drawing together all relevant or partially relevant information. Then use that to guide the content of your essay and you should do it like PEE.

okay, thats im not guna lie a great idea, so write everythin on ma mind to do with it that i have sources/evidence and as u said do PEE right?

thanks alot, really helpful!!!!!:h:
okay, thats im not guna lie a great idea, so write everythin on ma mind to do with it that i have sources/evidence and as u said do PEE right?

thanks alot, really helpful!!!!!:h:

Indeed. I think that's helpful primarily because you can see if you have things which cover the entire period. You may not. Just remember that your essay is supposed to be a debate - it should sound like you are concluding throughout without being competitive. Figure out your conclusion before you begin.
Reply 8
Hey I did Edexcel, could I be of any help?
My coursework grades were 23/25 for each so I think I can help with structuring and analysis. Also I'm a history undergrad.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MJlover
Hey I did Edexcel, could I be of any help?
My coursework grades were a's , 23/25 for each so I think I can help with structuring and analysis. Also I'm a history undergrad.

What did you have to do for Edexcel? I have a feeling it's very different.
What did you have to do for Edexcel? I have a feeling it's very different.

It was about the decolonization of the British Empire, assessing the factors of it
Original post by MJlover
It was about the decolonization of the British Empire, assessing the factors of it

Did you have to do like, loads of independent reading and stuff? How comes you have two?
Reply 12
Original post by MJlover

yea, did u choose your question or was it given?
Reply 13
Indeed. I think that's helpful primarily because you can see if you have things which cover the entire period. You may not. Just remember that your essay is supposed to be a debate - it should sound like you are concluding throughout without being competitive. Figure out your conclusion before you begin.

yea thats true that, so then i can find more sources too that way if i need to, thanks alot , been a real help :h:
Did you have to do like, loads of independent reading and stuff? How comes you have two?

I did do independent reading from the school library but I also took notes from lessons and my own reasoning/online resources. It was the requirements for our history a level, half of it was exams the rest in coursework.

Oh, another tip: make sure your essay is thematic and not chronological. That should help you structure it. Plan it by getting each paragraph topic decided upon and then writing a paragraph topic sentence (the starting sentence) :smile:.
Original post by MJlover
I did do independent reading from the school library but I also took notes from lessons and my own reasoning/online resources. It was the requirements for our history a level, half of it was exams the rest in coursework.

Hm, okay :P

It was chosen from a list
if you want to see the essay then I can leave it here, although its from 6 years ago
Reply 18
Original post by MJlover
It was chosen from a list
if you want to see the essay then I can leave it here, although its from 6 years ago

ah okay, see we jus made ours up lol, and teacher made sense of it,
ah okay, see we jus made ours up lol, and teacher made sense of it,

ask for teachers guidance on your question

Quick Reply

Latest