The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Superhotfire
Learn the art of discussion, or are you just pissed off it didn't happen to you? Is this how you treat victims of abuse? Disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just gave you the number to do what you want to do. Why are you procrastinating?

If you're concerned about the police not taking your report seriously then you can contact Victim Support. https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-victims/ive-been-affected/rape-or-sexual-assault-info-men Is their page with information and advice and support for male victims of rape and sexual assault.

I'd strongly recommend approaching professionals for support over the TSR chat forum.
Original post by Camoron
Is this how TSR treats victims of sexual abuse? I really am appalled at some of the comments on here

Original post by Camoron
You have derailed the thread to forward your political motives. This man is a victim of sexual abuse and instead of playing the feminism card, stand up for him and help him. He should call the police and we should do our best to help send her down with the worst possible sentence

He should call the police. I gave him the number and the same advice and you said you were appalled.
This is BS so you're saying thereas nothing in place protecting men from femal sexual predators? Thats so backwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I've mentioned, though, it's the same for females. On nights out, there's this belief that's developed that everyone is fair game - behaviour that would be considered less acceptable in every day life increases.

This results in not only apathy toward it being reported, but it happening more often due to this apathy (which, of course, means even less ability to deal with cases if they were reported). It's not so much a case of procedures so much as an entire attitude that needs changing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Camoron
You have derailed the thread to forward your political motives. This man is a victim of sexual abuse and instead of playing the feminism card, stand up for him and help him. He should call the police and we should do our best to help send her down with the worst possible sentence

You are a true hero.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The police will not give a ****.

Nor should they, tbh.
Reply 25
b22.jpg
Reply 26
Original post by PQ
He should call the police. I gave him the number and the same advice and you said you were appalled.

You were being insulting by calling him an attention seeker and so on. If a girl said this she would get nothing but support. Would you tell a rape victim to call the police and stop attention seeking? Why should this man who has been violently sexually abused be talked to like that. Did not occur to you he is in shock or traumatised? He may feel embarrassed telling the police. This is common for victims. Just have more respect, that is all I am saying
Original post by WoodyMKC
You should have just done what a woman would have done and given her a slap round the face.

#EqualRights

WoodyMKC, you do realise that every single night out for a girl involves at least one arse slap/ grope. Do you actually think that everyone of those girls turns around and slaps the boy?

Probably 1 in 100. So kindly take your equal rights, and shove it up your little posterior.
Reply 28
You are a true hero.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just want you to know there is help available :smile:. You have nothing to be ashamed about and the offender deserves everything she gets
Original post by Camoron

I wasn't the first person to bring up feminism, so I'm not the only person you should be addressing this to.

As someone who has experienced this myself on a night out, my sympathies are with OP - however, also coming from that perspective, I've told OP it's very unlikely it would be taken seriously to the extent he wants.

However - you have a point. We have derailed this thread - apologies, OP. No more mentions of feminism beyond this point.
Reply 30
Original post by Callous Twits
The police will not give a ****.

Nor should they, tbh.

Why? He has been violently sexually abused and you reckon nothing should be done? These things can lead to depression, or worse self harming. Why should he be denied help?
Reply 31
Lol you effeminate whiny little coward
Original post by Camoron
Why? He has been violently sexually abused and you reckon nothing should be done? These things can lead to depression, or worse self harming. Why should he be denied help?

"violently sexually abused"

:toofunny:
Reply 33
Original post by acupofgreentea
I wasn't the first person to bring up feminism, so I'm not the only person you should be addressing this to.

As someone who has experienced this myself on a night out, my sympathies are with OP - however, also coming from that perspective, I've told OP it's very unlikely it would be taken seriously to the extent he wants.

However - you have a point. We have derailed this thread - apologies, OP. No more mentions of feminism beyond this point.

And I am sorry for what happened to you. Male or femal, either way it is bad, that should be the message but the support for males and females should not differ as a result of differing genders. That's all I am really trying to say
Reply 34

:rofl:

*violent* :lol:
Reply 35

Original post by whorace
:rofl:

*violent* :lol:

You people represent everything wrong with society
hahahaha this thread is amazing! :biggrin:
Original post by Camoron

brb going to "violently sexually abuse" some men (read: slap their arses) :ahee:
Reply 38
Original post by Camoron

Go read a women's magazine
Reply 39
Original post by whorace
Go read a women's magazine

Men's rights clearly are at the bottom of your agenda

Latest