The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

DMU or Coventry?
Reply 901
Did anyone consider civil engineering before applying for architecture or is everyone dead set on architecture? I'm CONSIDERING transferring to civil eng once I'm at uni (hopefully Bath). Wondering if you think this is possible or if I should try transfer before I start at uni?
Reply 902
Hi!! I'm gonna have UCL interview on the 15th of March!
Does anyone have any suggestion in what to be aware of and to prepare for the interview?
Can anyone tell me how the interview is like please ~ :h:
Original post by Misha97
Kent, Nottingham and Sheffield. What about you?

Nope, my application was unsuccessful.

Kent, Cardiff, Bath and UAL :smile: unlucky about UCL, have you gotten any other offers?
Original post by Grewsters
Did anyone consider civil engineering before applying for architecture or is everyone dead set on architecture? I'm CONSIDERING transferring to civil eng once I'm at uni (hopefully Bath). Wondering if you think this is possible or if I should try transfer before I start at uni?

Probably worth contacting the uni first as the entry requirements tend to be higher
Reply 905
Original post by gemyerst
Kent, Cardiff, Bath and UAL :smile: unlucky about UCL, have you gotten any other offers?

Yep I've got from Sheffield and Nottingham and still waiting for Cardiff and Kent. Bath was my most wanted in the beginning, but they had extremely high standarts for my exams at the end of the year, which I knew I wouldn't be able to come up to, so I didn't apply in the end. Wishing you luck to get accepted wherever you want most ^^
Original post by radina_t
Has anyone applied to Kingston? I sent my portfolio on 21.12 and still have no responce.

I'm also still waiting for Cardiff. I read in their webpage that they might take up to 6 weeks to decide so I'm expecting an answer soon, as I sent my portfolio by the end of winter break.

Hi radina,

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from us yet, please be patient as we have a lot of applications to get through.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
UPS says on the tracking that my task got delivered on monday and that a guardian at the Bartlett signed the delivery! I contacted the Bartlett to make sure they got it and a guy named Stephen Capus told me they didn't get it yet and that they will let me know when they do! should I be worried? the thing is my deadline was on tuesday, but as UPS says the task was there since monday! I also called UPS to confirm again and they told me the package got delivered on monday! I don't really know.. something similar happened to you? how did you handle it?
Original post by Francescopsq97
UPS says on the tracking that my task got delivered on monday and that a guardian at the Bartlett signed the delivery! I contacted the Bartlett to make sure they got it and a guy named Stephen Capus told me they didn't get it yet and that they will let me know when they do! should I be worried? the thing is my deadline was on tuesday, but as UPS says the task was there since monday! I also called UPS to confirm again and they told me the package got delivered on monday! I don't really know.. something similar happened to you? how did you handle it?

Universities have a post room and internal post. Incoming mail will be stamped with the date it arrived even if it takes a few days to then get through to the desk of the person who needs to see it.

You've got proof of delivery prior to the deadline - if you're worried then email that proof to the person in charge of UG admissions (the person you spoke to works in postgrad admissions) and ask if the task has reached the right people yet http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/people/faculty-staff
Faculty Undergraduate Programmes Manager (BSc admissions and exams)
Chris Cutbush
The Bartlett, UCL Faculty of the Built Environment
140 Hampstead Road
London NW1 2BX
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)20 3108 9637
Thanks! this post of you was really useful! the issue with it is that I previously wrote to the same email address you posted above, but it was Mr Capus to replied me, and not Mrs Cutbush! Now that I know they have an internal mailing system, and that mails are stamped the first day they ever get through the door, I definitely have reasons to be much more relieved! I also thought it was weird having Mr Capus to write me back, since I knew as well, he was responsible for the Msc. Well, I'll try to give them a call maybe this afternoon and see if I can contact Mrs Cutbush and get to know further about my task location. By the way, thank you so much! it was really nice of you to give me such a detailed answer! Good luck on your application!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fugeefari
Has anyone applied to Reading? It is a new course

I applied, got an offer for ACC!!
Original post by mmmooo7
anyone heard news from AIS at Bartlett, UCL?

The wait is driving me crazy!!!
Hey guys it's always me I apologize but... What kind of outfit did you choose for the Bartlett interview?
Anyone heard from Edinburgh yet? been waiting for ages
Original post by purple-loofah

same here... :frown: I sent mine in early November.
Original post by purple-loofah

Mee! Got an offer on Wednesday. Sent my application in mid December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Mee! Got an offer on Wednesday. Sent my application in mid December

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! Are you Scottish?
Original post by LiveTheMoment
Congratulations!! Are you Scottish?

Thanks! and noo..I'm from England :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Thanks! and noo..I'm from England :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

did they ask for a portfolio or anything like that?
Got an offer on edinburgh on weds as well on weds sent application off in october

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending