Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoebe_cottam
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm van mildert too! What subject? There is a thread for van mildert people if you search it you can find it

Geography wbu??
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by DrSocSciences
So Durham (Castle), or Oxbridge resit? What do you reckon?

It's entirely up to you but do you really want to gamble a place at Durham just to prove to yourself that you're Oxbridge material? You know that you have the grades, like pretty much all rejects (after all that's why we applied), and that you're good enough, but are you sure you didn't just fall in love with the concept of Oxbridge? Having been through the application process I wouldn't want to go through it again. I mean it's entirely your choice but it's not like you can't apply to Oxbridge for your masters or PhD anyway so even if you choose Durham you can still go to Oxbridge afterwards, but it's your decision. People take gap years all the time, just figure out what will make you happy.

I'm just playing devil's advocate - no one can tell you what to do. And also you got into Castle...
Original post by phoebe_cottam
Law, what course have you applied for?

Psychology. Are you planning on choosing Durham as one of your choices?
Reply 703
So Durham (Castle), or Oxbridge resit? What do you reckon?

I am thinking about this too.. What subject did you apply for?
Original post by scblx
I am thinking about this too.. What subject did you apply for?

Not me, I'm the parent, and can't disclose more.
Not me, I'm the parent, and can't disclose more.

Well tell your kid then it depends on the subject. Durham is very good for most and the best for some subjects. I have a friend who studies biology at Oxford and she wishes she went Durham/UCL because her degree is mostly out of a text book with little if any practicals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 706
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Well tell your kid then it depends on the subject. Durham is very good for most and the best for some subjects. I have a friend who studies biology at Oxford and she wishes she went Durham/UCL because her degree is mostly out of a text book with little if any practicals

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about PPE? I mean, sadly it's "the" Oxford degree.. :biggrin:
Original post by scblx
What about PPE? I mean, sadly it's "the" Oxford degree.. :biggrin:

Depends I suppose, of course you are right Oxford are known for it but its not a big disadvantage going to Durham. I think the only way to know would be to visit and see if you'll be happy? If you think you'd always be "what if" then take a gap year, find something fun and hopefully paying to do and reapply. Its one of those annoying things noone can definitively answer apart from yourself :/
Original post by pstewarr785
Geography wbu??

Law, did you apply to VM or get reallocated there?
How long does it take to be allocated a college after receiving an offer?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sociology @ St Chad's, anyone same course/college let me know :smile:.
Reply 711
Original post by Cal-lum

St chads as well mate but for biomed 😊
Original post by anitatoz
How long does it take to be allocated a college after receiving an offer?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think if you applied before January and got an offer you will get an allocation this month, if you applied later it will be later
Original post by Cal-lum

Anthropology and Sociology at St Chad's :smile:
Original post by jazzibella
Anthropology and Sociology at St Chad's :smile:

I'm english literature at chads :smile: Anyone going to the open day on the 21st/22nd??
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, although in my case it's Law... I don't know how I'll choose...

Everybody I've asked has given me mixed opinions, which makes it even more difficult! I'm off to the offer holders' day this March. Perhaps that'll help...
Original post by qwertyasdfghj
I applied to read History on the first week of October but haven't heard anything back yet - anyone else in the same position?

yep...I have heard back from every other uni and I'm starting to get annoyed! I applied the first week of October too.
Reply 717
Original post by hannahrob97
I'm english literature at chads :smile: Anyone going to the open day on the 21st/22nd??

Any idea what you'll wear for the formal meal? Not sure if a dress is too much?
Original post by Ha2420
Any idea what you'll wear for the formal meal? Not sure if a dress is too much?

Im either going to wear a dress or a blouse and smartish trousers so a dress is definitely not too much in my opinion!
Does anyone know if there is a Josephine Butler thread? All can seem to find are threads from 2007 lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending