The Student Room Group

Feminist reaction to kesha contract trial shows why it's scary to be accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
People talking about how 'Making a Murderer' shows that the Justice System is BS and doesn't value concepts like fair trials, evidence, or the phrase 'beyond reasonable doubt' - let's use that exact same standard for Kesha, shall we?

How about no because that standard doesn't apply to civil contract disputes and never has??
Original post by Mancini
No no I am not you, I am not a feminist. I am not defending the male because he is a male I am defending the male because the male has proof of EVIDENCE on his side. If the male in question was actually walking bear or a walking talking pelican I would still support him if the evidence is on his side.

Where is the evidence? Seriously.

Yes, I am a feminist - what is the problem with that? You don't even know what feminism is.
Reply 42
Original post by Camoron
Drug use has everything to do with it. She was not thinking straight as she is high with the fairies and chasing flying dildos.

Brilliant! Feminists seem to enjoy supporting druggies even mothers who do drugs and abuse their babies growing inside them with these drugs they intake.
Original post by ivybridge
Evidence that this was the case at the specified time? None? Convenient. You're defending the male for the sake of it.

exactly this. he's being hypocritical af. saying that, due to lack of proof, we shouldn't support the woman. "BUT YES, LET'S SUPPORT THE MAN! AND NOT BELIEVE THE WOMAN! COS SHE'S ON DRUGS INIT?"
:K::banghead:
Reply 44
**** my life. I didn't even say that was wrong? Has he gone to prison? No? Then what are you all complaining about? That 'little thing in law' is being exercised so get over it.

People are saying that he should be jailed despite there being no evidence (not you) people want him out in prison for accusations that is the problem what people are complaining about
Original post by thermometer
exactly this. he's being hypocritical af. saying that, due to lack of proof, we shouldn't support the woman. "BUT YES, LET'S SUPPORT THE MAN! AND NOT BELIEVE THE WOMAN! COS SHE'S ON DRUGS INIT?"

We should support NEITHER. We should support a thorough investigation at this juncture.
Reply 46
Yes but you aren't - you're supporting the man because you think its all some feminist conspiracy before you even have evidence that he didn't do it.

"At least we..." - you sound like a child in the playground: 'yeah well at least I didn't do this, at least I didn't do that', lmfao.

lool I have literally posted pieces of evidence on this site , I have posted the url to sites with sony's quote and have talked logically on my OP and you are stating this gibberish that I am supporting him because he has a penis and that apparently I have claimed there is some feminist conspiracy although I have never even written such a thing on here lol.

Please understand if I now choose not to respond to you after your lies, you are just wasting my time but it's good to have you here representing feminist intelligence.
By law you are bound by a contract unless there is a specific reason - In this case rape. The man wasn't shown to be guilty - therefore, she has to go by the contract. Can people not penetrate this through their skulls?
Reply 48
Original post by SmashConcept
It's really more demonstrative of how scary it is to accuse someone of rape.

What proof is she supposed to present? Eyewitness accounts? CCTV footage? DNA swabs to try and find forensic evidence for a crime that allegedly happened a decade ago?

She can't, she knows she can't, and you know she can't. And if everything she said were 100% true, she still couldn't. People like you think this means it is "reasonable" to accuse her of lying.

We can debate ad nauseam here.

If you accuse someone of a crime but you know there's no evidence whatsoever then you just hurt yourself because when the person is found innocent, people will just question your credibility.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
People are saying that he should be jailed despite there being no evidence (not you) people want him out in prison for accusations that is the problem what people are complaining about

Which is completely wrong but that isn't just some feminist idea? That doesn't come from feminism and this is my point people just complain relentlessly about feminism - "feminism this, feminism that" - just shut up? Like, these individuals are idiots but it isn't feminism, it is idiocy and sometimes misandry. You wouldn't say a capitalist was a communist for being an extreme capitalist would you? No? Well don't do the same here. People need to stop mixing the terms and actually get their head's around what they mean.
Original post by SmashConcept
How about no because that standard doesn't apply to civil contract disputes and never has??

I'm talking about the rape aspect.
We should support NEITHER. We should support a thorough investigation at this juncture.

precisely. if you're going to use "innocent until proven guilty", then don't assume Kesha is guilty of lying.
Reply 52

lool if there is no evidence of rape you have no choice but to support the men lol unless you have some agenda of course.

Also take note the trial was not about rape but a contract lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
lool I have literally posted pieces of evidence on this site , I have posted the url to sites with sony's quote and have talked logically on my OP and you are stating this gibberish that I am supporting him because he has a penis and that apparently I have claimed there is some feminist conspiracy although I have never even written such a thing on here lol.

Please understand if I now choose not to respond to you after your lies, you are just wasting my time but it's good to have you here representing feminist intelligence.

You have not stopped going on, and on, and on about how its all to do with feminism. It's not. And you prove this again by even in the same post referring to it as feminist intelligence. Grow up little man, seriously, just grow up.

You have presented pretty much no evidence.
Original post by Mancini
lool if there is no evidence of rape you have no choice but to support the men lol unless you have some agenda of course.

Also take not the trial was not about rape but a contract lol.

What are you talking about? Yes you do have a choice - you have a choice to support neither. You have just proved my point entirely - end of story.
Reply 55
Original post by HAQ
We can debate ad nauseam here.

If you accuse someone of a crime but you know there's no evidence whatsoever then you just hurt yourself because when the person is found innocent, people will be just question your credibility.

You are so right and Kesha is really hurting her own music career here, just when she was starting to rise she goes into this trial. Her fame and success will dwindle the more this carries on, I hope for her sake she gets back to making good music if not whatever it is she wishes to do in life. I hold no malice towards Kesha, she makes catchy music that helps dumb feminists down.
Original post by Mancini

Also take not the trial was not about rape but a contract lol.

lmao what? it is possible to support neither.
Reply 57
lmao what? it is possible to support neither.

It is possible to support neither but it certainly shouldn't be right nor possible without evidence against the men to support Kesha. Truth is though many people are supporting someone here on social media and the majority I have seen are women supporting Kesha just because Kesha is a female who claim she was raped, so she must be speaking the gospel truth, then we have the feminist illuminati conspiracy experts getting in the mix throwing their two cents.
Original post by Mancini
First of all it has not been proved that he raped her , its simply her words so once again you have continued to support one persons words.

Second of all Sony is not forcing her to work with the producer she has accused.

''Sony has offered to let her work with another producer, but Kesha said she fears the company won’t promote her music as heavily if she’s not working with Gottwald, their biggest hitmaker.''

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/kesha-sobs-judge-denies-sony-records-injunction-request-article-1.2537490

If only Kesha supporters bothered to do a little bit of reading around, it's not very hard to inform yourself.

No way I'm saying that false rape accusations are impossible. But look at the frequency of a false report happening. They are so low, said to be 5% or less. And if there are any false reports, its because of someone's mistake, like waking up not remembering what happened last night then being paranoid, not because they lied.
Also, the article, I feel as though there is something shady about it. As if words were taken out of context, because she did sign an 8-contract deal with that manager which means she must bind to it.. also it isn't just about getting a new manager, but getting him jailed for justice. Dr Luke is already notorious for being a predator.
Reply 59
Which is completely wrong but that isn't just some feminist idea? That doesn't come from feminism and this is my point people just complain relentlessly about feminism - "feminism this, feminism that" - just shut up? Like, these individuals are idiots but it isn't feminism, it is idiocy and sometimes misandry. You wouldn't say a capitalist was a communist for being an extreme capitalist would you? No? Well don't do the same here. People need to stop mixing the terms and actually get their head's around what they mean.

Feminists are happy to have people like germane Greer leading the charge, is she a feminist? She doesn't actually want equality but feminists happily let her lead the way.

Feminism has many forms just like religions have many like are Isis Muslim?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending