The Student Room Group

How do i know if im good looking?

Im 16, male. My mental condition is ok, but i have a problem that im finding it hard to overcome. I think im really ugly and my features dont suit me, for example i think my face is too long. Noone tells me im ugly, or good looking, but i just wanted to know is there any way of telling?
I feel this is really affecting my relationship as clearly i have very little confidence
Any help?....
Original post by Anonymous
Im 16, male. My mental condition is ok, but i have a problem that im finding it hard to overcome. I think im really ugly and my features dont suit me, for example i think my face is too long. Noone tells me im ugly, or good looking, but i just wanted to know is there any way of telling?
I feel this is really affecting my relationship as clearly i have very little confidence
Any help?....

Attractiveness is based on facial symmetry, genetics and superiors. For example, blonde haired women are often stigmatised as more attractive because blonde hair is rare (this counts for natural blonde hair only), wheras brunettes and black hair is hugely superior in numbers due to countries such as aafrica, india, pakistan, japan and hong kong- all massive countries with brunette inhabitants.

As well over 60% of the world is obese, thin women are aslo rare and well saught after. However, then we must consider attraction through surroundings. Countries such as italy, spain, jamaica etc prefer large women, because large women are assosiated with wealth because they can afford luxuries such as food, fertilaty because of their huge hips and youth and feminity because they will have big cheasts and soft curves as appose to the boyish figures we see in catwalks.

The same applies for men. Men are to be seen as physically strong to protect women, mentally able to provide for women etc.

Of course personal preferences apply. I personally cant stand muscle men, the thought of overworking your muscles to make them pop and inflame makes me feel sick, of course the dietry requirements are horrendous. I like fair skin and fair hair, probably because i was bought up around people with dark skin and dark hair- so fair to me is rare and almost exotic. I also have a thing for glasses....which is just random.

More importantly nobody is unattractive because everyone is someones type.
Everyone knows what is goodlooking and what is not.When you look at the mirror do you see a handsome guy?Be honest to yourself as there is no point lying
Original post by GreekTea
Attractiveness is based on facial symmetry, genetics and superiors. For example, blonde haired women are often stigmatised as more attractive because blonde hair is rare (this counts for natural blonde hair only), wheras brunettes and black hair is hugely superior in numbers due to countries such as aafrica, india, pakistan, japan and hong kong- all massive countries with brunette inhabitants.

As well over 60% of the world is obese, thin women are aslo rare and well saught after. However, then we must consider attraction through surroundings. Countries such as italy, spain, jamaica etc prefer large women, because large women are assosiated with wealth because they can afford luxuries such as food, fertilaty because of their huge hips and youth and feminity because they will have big cheasts and soft curves as appose to the boyish figures we see in catwalks.

The same applies for men. Men are to be seen as physically strong to protect women, mentally able to provide for women etc.

Of course personal preferences apply. I personally cant stand muscle men, the thought of overworking your muscles to make them pop and inflame makes me feel sick, of course the dietry requirements are horrendous. I like fair skin and fair hair, probably because i was bought up around people with dark skin and dark hair- so fair to me is rare and almost exotic. I also have a thing for glasses....which is just random.

More importantly nobody is unattractive because everyone is someones type.

lol nobody is unattractive LOOOL
Generally, you can tell if you get compliments on your appearance, but then again beauty is subjective.
When your mum calls you her beautiful boy
Original post by DS Steve Arnott
When your mum calls you her beautiful boy

“DS Steve Arnott” LMAO
If you're good looking then you'd generally have been made aware of it by others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending