The Student Room Group

Feminist reaction to kesha contract trial shows why it's scary to be accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hunihuni
No way I'm saying that false rape accusations are impossible. But look at the frequency of a false report happening. They are so low, said to be 5% or less. And if there are any false reports, its because of someone's mistake, like waking up not remembering what happened last night then being paranoid, not because they lied.
Also, the article, I feel as though there is something shady about it. As if words were taken out of context, because she did sign an 8-contract deal with that manager which means she must bind to it.. also it isn't just about getting a new manager, but getting him jailed for justice. Dr Luke is already notorious for being a predator.

Can't believe people are capable of writing such nonsense lol.
Original post by joecphillips
Feminists are happy to have people like germane Greer leading the charge, is she a feminist? She doesn't actually want equality but feminists happily let her lead the way.

Feminism has many forms just like religions have many like are Isis Muslim?

Your final point is the point that completely screws up your own line of argument - feminism has many forms. What does that mean? Oh yes, that a great many aren't hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists.
Reply 62
Let's look at one of Kesha's famous lyrics from her hit single ''We R Who We R'' that's right the word 'are' is replaced with the letter R it helps her connect to the youth.

DJ turn it up
It’s about damn time to live it up
I’m so sick of being so serious
It’s making my brain delirious!
I’m just talkin’ truth

Kesha should have really got serious in the past then maybe she would be in a different situation and not in this contract. You see it's hard for people to believe you when you are delirious.

Of course people I know these are just lyrics but it is reported she was using right.

''Kesha seems to have really turned herself around since leaving rehab a few months ago.''

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/kesha-blames-rehab-drug-abuse-bullying-body-photos/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by ivybridge
Your final point is the point that completely screws up your own line of argument - feminism has many forms. What does that mean? Oh yes, that a great many aren't hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists.

I haven't said all feminists are hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists you have said that no feminists are those things and like those feminists you have came up with lies to shut me up, I have said the people you claim aren't feminists are and that they are a problem.

You have just admitted some feminists are hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists despite insisting none are
I haven't said all feminists are hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists you have said that no feminists are those things and like those feminists you have came up with lies to shut me up, I have said the people you claim aren't feminists are and that they are a problem.

You have just admitted some feminists are hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists despite insisting none are

Hang on, what lies have I come up with? I said that I personally don't see feminists as those things. I see misandrists and radicals as, potentially, those things. They do not fit in with the actual definition of a feminist and thus, I don't see them as such.

I have admitted that people who claim to be such are those things. Not that people who are feminists, are those things.
Reply 65

Joechillips please understand when you are talking to a wall and don't feed it. When people support an ideology it's very hard to get through to them, they require a form of rehab which you won't offer them on a forum.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Can't believe people are capable of writing such nonsense lol.

Can you at least explain your point, where my nonsense it? You can't just make a statement like that without supporting it. False rape stats are very low. Check it up yourself.
Reply 67
Hang on, what lies have I come up with? I said that I personally don't see feminists as those things. I see misandrists and radicals as, potentially, those things. They do not fit in with the actual definition of a feminist and thus, I don't see them as such.

I have admitted that people who claim to be such are those things. Not that people who are feminists, are those things.

You implied that I said all feminists are hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists when I have said nothing along those lines.
You implied that I said all feminists are hateful, radical, imbecilic misandrists when I have said nothing along those lines.

I'm saying that this is what people seem to think. People seem to think feminists are out to be above men, out to destroy the lives of men, etc.etc. and it's such a pathetic imaginary idea.
Reply 69
Can you at least explain your point, where my nonsense it? You can't just make a statement like that without supporting it. False rape stats are very low. Check it up yourself.

Is that actual false reports or false reports that are actually taken to court?
Some police forces don't investigate and pass cases of false reports to the cps
Reply 70

There is no way to prove how high or how low false rape claims are, I do not need to search it out, your assertions are nonsense and I am not discussing false rape claims here. I am discussing Kesha's contract trial and how valid her claims of rape are not other possible rape victims.
Original post by Mancini
Joechillips please understand when you are talking to a wall and don't feed it. When people support an ideology it's very hard to get through to them, they require a form of rehab which you won't offer them on a forum.

The same can be said to you and your 'm e n i n i s m' whatever the **** that bs is.
It's also kinda scary to be raped.
Reply 73
I'm saying that this is what people seem to think. People seem to think feminists are out to be above men, out to destroy the lives of men, etc.etc. and it's such a pathetic imaginary idea.

That wasn't the wording you used you said 'your argument' that doesn't imply other people it implies you are targeting my argument in which I never said anything along those lines.
Reply 74
Original post by mscaffrey
It's also kinda scary to be raped.

Who say's it's not? I can't believe you used the word kinda lol are you telling me some victims of rape are sometimes actually not scared?
That wasn't the wording you used you said 'your argument' that doesn't imply other people it implies you are targeting my argument in which I never said anything along those lines.

You haven't said it bluntly but you're arguing against me in support of those that are saying things along said lines. Don't be a pedant, lmfao.
Is that actual false reports or false reports that are actually taken to court?
Some police forces don't investigate and pass cases of false reports to the cps

Different sources tell me both things, but I am sure that majority of the time a victim would be telling the truth. But then again, I do wonder how often police just dismisses it as false reports
Reply 77
Different sources tell me both things, but I am sure that majority of the time a victim would be telling the truth. But then again, I do wonder how often police just dismisses it as false reports

loool hilarious

Try not to call them a victim, at that moment they are simply the accuser.
Original post by Mancini
There is no way to prove how high or how low false rape claims are, I do not need to search it out, your assertions are nonsense and I am not discussing false rape claims here. I am discussing Kesha's contract trial and how valid her claims of rape are not other possible rape victims.

You can easily dismiss my point by calling it "nonsense". How can you be sure that the media is making up false information to make her look bad? Let's not pretend the media isn't biased and notorious for this
Reply 79
You haven't said it bluntly but you're arguing against me in support of those that are saying things along said lines. Don't be a pedant, lmfao.

No I haven't said anything like that at all you disagree with what I am saying and putting me in a box with people who think that because you know that what I have said has validity and you dislike that.

I have said my position on this and that there is a section of 'feminists' who think what you said not the lot of them.

Is the only way you won't group me with people like that is if I say oh Ivybridge you are so correct all feminists are the greatest and should be given obe's?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending