The Student Room Group

Female, 23 and muslim - feel like I'll forever be single...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Twice now I've ended up being friends with muslim guys I really liked. With the second guy, I fell hard, but he just wanted to hang out, watch netflix and go out for lunch every week and just wasn't really into me.
There are many problems I'm facing right now. Firstly, I started uni this year (late I know) after realising I wanted to be a teacher. This means I'm surrounded by mostly younger guys. Also, I'm part of probably the smallest muslim ethnic group in the country, and as most prefer to marry their own race, it makes it hard. As I don't wear a hijab (cover my hair) I don't stand out as muslim. I'm also constantly told I don't look ethnically muslim.
I'm lucky to have open-minded parents, who despite fasting 5 times daily, have said they wouldn't get mad if I don't marry a muslim guy (tbh I think they'd just rather not see me die alone as they know the problem I'm facing). I do however want to find a muslim guy to marry, but I'm starting to lose hope and become depressed. I turn down non-muslim guys I find attractive, but I fear I'll be alone forever :frown:
Thanks for reading if you got this far

When you say this do you mean you're from a small town where there aren't many muslims? if that's the case than your best options is meet someone online through either facebook or instagram yeah just find someone interesting and attractive and say hi you it could be the best decision you made in your whole life or just move to a big city.
https://www.halfourdeen.com/ :yy:

Apparently singlemuslim.com is a bit haram
Original post by Eternalflames
Please Rate Some Other Members = PRSOM, you get that when you've repped another member a lot, and this guy has been making jokes all night

oh ok
Reply 23
Don't worry you will definitely get married just be patient you will find someone you are still young
You wanna be small minded, don't complain.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Don't you mean praying?

Yes, sorry that's what I meant. It's late :colondollar:
Reply 26
Well, maybe your university has a Muslim society or something along these lines? My uni does have a lot of societies for ethnic minorities as well as religions. I don't know how old you are, but some guys in the society could be further along at uni than you are anyway, so maybe you could even find someone closer to your age. Assuming you can find a Muslim society, going to university may just give you a nice opportunity to find someone :smile:

Edit: Whoops, the title says you're 23 >.> But yeah, the age difference shouldn't be bad.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Free Kurdistan
https://www.halfourdeen.com/ :yy:

Apparently singlemuslim.com is a bit haram
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30397272
So annoying given there are so many attractive muslim girls yet they turn you down because they'd only date fellow muslim guys. How about killing two birds?
Original post by NoPunInThisName
So annoying given there are so many attractive muslim girls yet they turn you down because they'd only date fellow muslim guys. How about killing two birds?

I think cause when they date they want it to lead to marriage, and it's not permitted to marry a non-muslim guy in Islam :/

OP what ethnicity are you? cause you said you don't look ethnically muslim so it's making me wonder. Someone said join societies which I think is such a good idea plus it won't just be people from your year and you'll get older guys
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alkaline.
I think cause when they date they want it to lead to marriage, and it's not permitted to marry a non-muslim guy in Islam :/

OP what ethnicity are you? cause you said you don't look ethnically muslim so it's making me wonder. Someone said join societies which I think is such a good idea plus it won't just be people from your year and you'll get older guys

Woah ey up now fella I'm a bloke meself.
Original post by NoPunInThisName
Woah ey up now fella I'm a bloke meself.

ik... you have the gender symbol
Twice now I've ended up being friends with muslim guys I really liked. With the second guy, I fell hard, but he just wanted to hang out, watch netflix and go out for lunch every week and just wasn't really into me.
There are many problems I'm facing right now. Firstly, I started uni this year (late I know) after realising I wanted to be a teacher. This means I'm surrounded by mostly younger guys. Also, I'm part of probably the smallest muslim ethnic group in the country, and as most prefer to marry their own race, it makes it hard. As I don't wear a hijab (cover my hair) I don't stand out as muslim. I'm also constantly told I don't look ethnically muslim.
I'm lucky to have open-minded parents, who despite fasting 5 times daily, have said they wouldn't get mad if I don't marry a muslim guy (tbh I think they'd just rather not see me die alone as they know the problem I'm facing). I do however want to find a muslim guy to marry, but I'm starting to lose hope and become depressed. I turn down non-muslim guys I find attractive, but I fear I'll be alone forever :frown:

Fasting five times daily? You mean praying?
Reply 33

Am I the only one who noticed that? Fasting 5x daily? What the ...
Original post by RosyPearl
Maybe start wearing the hijab? You will attract the good kind of Muslim who will respect you for who you are rather than attracting men who are the non serious type. If you sincerely improve your relationship with God then he will not leaving you lacking anything. That includes finding the righteous spouse.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't feel comfortable with the idea of covering my hair and changing who I am.
Reply 35

You made the mistakes. Take the first guy, he suggested watching Netflix and chilling, yet you interpreted this as being friend-zoned. You have a lot to learn
Reply 36

Date non-Muslim guys.

Many Muslim girls would like to have your parents.
Original post by Camoron
You made the mistakes. Take the first guy, he suggested watching Netflix and chilling, yet you interpreted this as being friend-zoned. You have a lot to learn

We became friends after hitting it off at work, and would meet up once a week or so, but he does this with other girls too. I'd get mixed messages from him. He would act really interested (he'd ask about my hopes and dreams for the future etc) but he never tried kissing me or anything. Again, or meet ups would be really casual, never date like. This went on for about 6 months before I stopped kidding myself it was anything other than an ego boost for him. He must have known I liked him.
Reply 38

As I don't wear a hijab (cover my hair) I don't stand out as muslim. I'm also constantly told I don't look ethnically muslim.

whoever says that doesnt know Islam . Hijab is a minor sin not major. U can still be Muslim and dont wear Hijab. Hijab is between between u n Allah. Forget wht people say .

I want to marry a girl outside my race in sha Allah!

Marry a pious Muslim guy u will find sm1 dont worry just pray God will answer ur prayers. Most men out there just use women for sex u dont want a man like that right? u want a pious man .

Dont be depressed dont lose hope stay strong put your trust in God! he is with u wherever u are.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alkaline.
ik... you have the gender symbol

Sorry I just read your reply word for word as opposed to skim reading over it. Sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending