The Student Room Group

cheating on ISAs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinka99
I did not cheat because I never asked online for any helps. I got those marks because the teachers literally told me what to write and I constantly got all of my answers checked to see if I needed to add anything to it or cross anything out. According to the exam board teachers are allowed to help so I did not cheat in any way. But still if that teacher help was not there I doubt I would have had the A*AA but the cheating part was not there.

I support what you're saying, my teacher was like " this may come up" etc etc, so it's not like I'm going to ignore her.
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
Damn teacher took my legit 50/50 down to 49/50 because she thought it would make the class look suspicious.

that sucks :/
49/50 is amazing though! :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by ScienceFantatic
I support what you're saying, my teacher was like " this may come up" etc etc, so it's not like I'm going to ignore her.

it's against exam board rules for teachers to give feedback on drafts etc.
Original post by Helpme.
Ok
U dont cheat
U do u and everyone else will do what they want
Stop being jealous lol
Not everything in this world is fair

yh because people like you make it unfair
Original post by surina16
it's against exam board rules for teachers to give feedback on drafts etc.

Schools will do it anyway or get past it in some way, like teachers at my school gave verbal feedback since you can't write it down( in English).

If you're saying that if you wouldn't get help from your teacher if you were offered it then I think you're lying.

People will always try and get the best grades and so will schools, no point of complaining that others got opportunities you didn't because you can't really do anything about it :/
That is cheating. If you don't understand that then you don't really deserve to be getting A*s.

Spoiler

I did not cheat because according to the exam boards teachers can help. I understood a lot of the content although not everything but who literally cares at the end of the day? I have the A*AA and that's the biggest thing for me and not obsession over some moral issue.
Reply 26
Original post by Ishea16
yh because people like you make it unfair

No commment lol

Yes pretty obviously nobody is gonna reject help that could literally boost your up to A/A* level unless they are too obsessed with morals.
Original post by Tinka99
I did not cheat because according to the exam boards teachers can help. I understood a lot of the content although not everything but who literally cares at the end of the day? I have the A*AA and that's the biggest thing for me and not obsession over some moral issue.

I just find it funny how you cheated and didn't even manage to get A*A*A* on the tests that you bragged out being really 'easy'.

I also read that you want to do medicine...
a) if you don't have morals, I doubt you'll get very far in that career
b) good luck in your A Levels if you can't successfully do a GCSE ISA
Original post by Helpme.
No commment lol

*comment
because you cant give one :h:
Schools will do it anyway or get past it in some way, like teachers at my school gave verbal feedback since you can't write it down( in English).

If you're saying that if you wouldn't get help from your teacher if you were offered it then I think you're lying.

People will always try and get the best grades and so will schools, no point of complaining that others got opportunities you didn't because you can't really do anything about it :/

I wouldn't cheat unless the teachers literally told our class what's in it and we couldn't do anything about it since we'd already heard it.
I have morals and I actually want to be proud of the results I receive in August and not know that I cheated my way through.
I wouldn't cheat unless the teachers literally told our class what's in it and we couldn't do anything about it since we'd already heard it.
I have morals and I actually want to be proud of the results I receive in August and not know that I cheated my way through.

Yeah that's what my teacher did and most teachers I'm guessing, there's no point of disadvantaging yourself by ignoring her.

Most CA aren't worth that much anyway( 25%) if I was a straight C student and I knew I could get A*s in my CA then I would take the opportunity to push it up to a B, because at the end of the day it's what's on the paper that counts not how you got it :wink:

The cheating schools do isn't even extreme either
I just find it funny how you cheated and didn't even manage to get A*A*A* on the tests that you bragged out being really 'easy'.

I also read that you want to do medicine...
a) if you don't have morals, I doubt you'll get very far in that career
b) good luck in your A Levels if you can't successfully do a GCSE ISA

In my mock exams I got BBB but that was with real revision of my own that I literally started one week before the exams. I did get A*AA on my ISA's. I am predicted 5A's, 4B's and 1C with my own damn hard work and alot of my teachers find me to be a highly capable student.

I have not sold my morals by committing a legit action. I have not cheated at all because the teachers are ALLOWED to help on the ISA's. I struggle with practical elements of coursework a lot compared to exams where I just use my memory.

If a teacher offered you help that could potentially get you an A* would you reject the help? I doubt it. When you open that results envelop would you be happy with a C instead of a A* because you rejected precious help? Nobody cares how you got the results what matters is that you have those results you need. A sixth form college or university won't be saying it's ok you got those results because you did not take help from a teacher on coursework what they would look at is the final grade. If that is low a clear rejection.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tinka99
In my mock exams I got BBB but that was with real revision of my own that I literally started one week before the exams. I did get A*AA on my ISA's. I am predicted 5A's, 4B's and 1C with my own damn hard work and alot of my teachers find me to be a highly capable student.

I have not sold my morals by committing a legit action. I have not cheated at all because the teachers are ALLOWED to help on the ISA's. I struggle with practical elements of coursework a lot compared to exams where I just use my memory.

If a teacher offered you help that could potentially get you an A* would you reject the help? I doubt it.

You know what, I'm done talking to you because you just can't admit that you did something wrong can you?

You know what, I'm done talking to you because you just can't admit that you did something wrong can you?

Me too and guess your speechless in front of me.
Haha GCSEs complaining about cute little ISAs. Be grateful they removed A level EMPAs because they were so ****ing difficult.
Original post by Tinka99
Me too and guess your speechless in front of me.

Right ok, so I'm the one who is intimidated by you. Makes perfect sense.
At least know the difference between "your" and "you're" before you even go there.
Original post by BioStudentx
Haha GCSEs complaining about cute little ISAs. Be grateful they removed A level EMPAs because they were so ****ing difficult.

It's not the difficulty, it's just annoying that so many cheat and then (like the girl above) like to brag about how they aced them etc etc
I'm glad tbh - everyone I know said they were hell.
(sorry you had to do them :redface:)
Right ok, so I'm the one who is intimidated by you. Makes perfect sense.
At least know the difference between "your" and "you're" before you even go there.

Weren't you done with me? I never meant you were intimidated by me anyway. I meant by the word "speechless" you have no more arguments to prove your points as I managed to back answer all of them with a valid argument. The "your" instead of a "you're" was a quick typo, also I managed to get a grade B in my English Language mock with no revision so don't point at my English again.
What exactly are you classing here as 'cheating'? I've now done 2 out of three ISAs (and will soon be doing my last) and in both of them my two separate teachers have written on the board the information that wasn't really relevant, then said, and only said what we were allowed to write on our candidate sheets as they were 'not allowed to write it down'. They then showed us all the necessary things we needed to know for the exam on a slide show, and we wrote them down on separate sheets of paper to take home and revise from. Are you saying this is cheating?

In saying that, I saw multiple people around me cheating in my physics ISA (I wasn't paying attention in biology,as I was trying not to panic) - and by that i mean ACTUAL cheating: using phones or reading answers from pieces of paper etc. I believe that they are ridiculously easy to cheat on, although I personally never would.

Quick Reply

Latest