The Student Room Group

cheating on ISAs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brada033
Oh yes I was the same but I had the time limit

Our school are obsessed with boosting the schools GCSE and A level results up so I guess all this was for that. I never knew anything about any rules as I did did as my teachers said.
I can see where you're coming from, but I think you're taking it too personally for one reason or another (I don't think this is your first thread on the topic either). You must remember that there are loads of different people trying to do it rather than a few repeat offenders (though there are probably some of those around). I have reported them in the past and the posts do get removed, if you want, do that, or don't click on the threads at all if it is too upsetting.
Original post by PLL+GG28
:eek: woww phones in an exam, tut tut. Some people are just too lazy

I know. It upsets my quite a lot that people get away with that actually, because I work so hard to get my good grades whilst battling panic attacks and anxiety (I actually had to go out of the class at the time of my first biology ISA for around 10 minutes just to calm down), where as other people get grades just as good as mine and cheat.
Original post by PLL+GG28
Yh I deleted my comment since it posted too late.

Wow didn't realise people cheated to that extent. That doesn't sound fair at all for the schools that have to actually follow the rules. I'm pretty sure most coursework is getting scrapped for the new course. I guess that's a good thing because there was way too much cheating involved.

This. I was aware cheating took place to some extent and did so in my school since the teachers went over the first section however the second (applied section) was left to us.

But I think the school over did it.. Seriously no time constraints?!
Original post by surina16
You realised that you and your school violated all of the rules and have nothing to say. I think it's fair to say that your arguments are weak.

I never knew any rules I just did as my teacher instructed me to and I have realised there have been violations reading AQA guidelines. I can't really do anything about it and have the A*AA anyway so see no point in cribbing about the guidelines.
Original post by Tinka99
Our school are obsessed with boosting the schools GCSE and A level results up so I guess all this was for that. I never knew anything about any rules as I did did as my teachers said.

This was not your fault then, but rather the school's. I do not believe that you have done anything wrong as all you were doing was following your teacher's instructions. Its just a shame that they did that.
This was not your fault then, but rather the school's. I do not believe that you have done anything wrong as all you were doing was following your teacher's instructions. Its just a shame that they did that.

Whatever I have the A*AA but reading the guidelines I do realise that this should have not happened but it has and nothing can be done about it.
Original post by Tinka99
Whatever I have the A*AA but reading the guidelines I do realise that this should have not happened but it has and nothing can be done about it.

Oh no I agree completely, and congratulations on your grades by the way!
Oh no I agree completely, and congratulations on your grades by the way!

Thank you and congrats on your A* in Biology as well.
Original post by Tinka99
Thank you and congrats on your A* in Biology as well.

Original post by Tinka99
The ISA's are a easy 25% of Marks and on the ISA's I got A* Biology, A Chemistry and A Physics. All of you ISA haters shut up because they are gonna be lifesavers when it comes to exams because you can get away with messing things up a little bit because you have those 25% of marks.

How are they easy? I got my worst marks on my a-level ISA's and my best on the rest of the exams. Idk why :rofl:
this is about the GCSE ISAs :biggrin:
Don't worry, I've heard the a level ones are terrible :wink:
I found them easy due to teachers helping me and no time restrictions with the papers.

It's annoying because cheating still happens on them aswell :angry: So you get people coming out with A's on them too when really people should be getting D's and the like
Original post by Tinka99
I found them easy due to teachers helping me and no time restrictions with the papers.

That's so annoying, how is this right?
It is right.
sounds great :redface: what's worse is when you actually put effort in and revise, and somebody cheats and does better than you :colonhash:

Spoiler

Oh my God it never occurred to me that I would have to do ISAs at A-level (I'm doing 2 sciences). Now I'm scared!
Original post by Tinka99
It is right.

In what way is cheating right? You have an interesting idea of what constitutes as right

sounds great :redface: what's worse is when you actually put effort in and revise, and somebody cheats and does better than you :colonhash:

Spoiler

I just don't understand how AQA has not addressed this issue yet, if even they are aware of it

Spoiler

Oh my God it never occurred to me that I would have to do ISAs at A-level (I'm doing 2 sciences). Now I'm scared!

Spec has changed hun dw :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest