The Student Room Group

If Trump get into power somehow in USA - we will have give US muslims asylum here

do you agree or not? i dont think we will have any choice will we, because of the bad name islam gives them at the moment, they will be harrassed in the USA
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's near impossible that Trump could get into power. If nothing else, he's entirely lacking in the necessary charisma.

In this hypothetical situation however, provided that Trump follows up on his xenophobia and racism and then dials it up to eleven, there's not much we could do. However, more likely is that Trump in power would not adversely affect minority populations. Muslims may not be Europe's favourite people right now, but they're still human. If mistreated, the EU would speak up. Like it or not, if the US wants to remain friendly with Europe, it has to avoid pissing us off too much. And believe me, considering that the US is still at odds with Russia, remaining friendly with Europe should be at the very top of its priorities.
Reply 2
Original post by AdjectiveNoun
It's near impossible that Trump could get into power. If nothing else, he's entirely lacking in the necessary charisma.

In this hypothetical situation however, provided that Trump follows up on his xenophobia and racism and then dials it up to eleven, there's not much we could do. However, more likely is that Trump in power would not adversely affect minority populations. Muslims may not be Europe's favourite people right now, but they're still human. If mistreated, the EU would speak up. Like it or not, if the US wants to remain friendly with Europe, it has to avoid pissing us off too much. And believe me, considering that the US is still at odds with Russia, remaining friendly with Europe should be at the very top of its priorities.

hes lacking charisma is an understatment, hes cringeworthy, hes quite thick and he has no politcal acumen. however hes dominating the republican campagins, and he potentially would be up against hilary on the otherside - who hardly anyone likes. so as crazy as it sounds - its a possibility.and hes tapped into a US general backlash against all the problems islamic groups have caused over the decades - so it seems the crazier extreme things he says, the more population support he gets
Obama will be on the first boat then
Reply 4
no thanks
Original post by scrotgrot
Obama will be on the first boat then

Obama isn't a muslim.
Reply 6
Original post by ivybridge
Obama isn't a muslim.

Has not been confirmed until we see his documents
Original post by Camoron

What are you talking about? He's a Christian and American-born.
Reply 8
Original post by Camoron

Obama may have been a Muslim I don't know before but he isn't one now
Reply 9
Original post by Chakede
do you agree or not? i dont think we will have any choice will we, because of the bad name islam gives them at the moment, they will be harrassed in the USA

Why us? Why should we take them? Surely they would be better accustomed to life in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Somalia, Tunisia, Libya and many other countries where their religion is the rule of law
So many improbable have to occur, so after Trump gets the Republican nomination, he will then need to actually win the election for president. Somehow allow a bill to pass stopping Muslims from coming to the UK, which he needs to get through congress.

Even if all that somehow happened, why should we take them asylum? They could just go back to where they came from? If a Chinese man isn't allowed into Australia, we don't say "Come here instead", no, we just let him go home.

What a ridiculous proposal.
Reply 11
Original post by al_94
Obama may have been a Muslim I don't know before but he isn't one now

Obama is just a puppet. I hate him too but don't hate him for the struggles in the Middle East. He has no real power, he is a talker for who really decides things. America is too big and thorough for one man.
Reply 12
What are you talking about? He's a Christian and American-born.

It has not been confirmed until his actual documents and papers come through
Trump wouldn't make it to the President's office and I dount congress would back any of these absurd ideas strongly enough.
Original post by Dinasaurus
So many improbable have to occur, so after Trump gets the Republican nomination, he will then need to actually win the election for president. Somehow allow a bill to pass stopping Muslims from coming to the UK, which he needs to get through congress.

Even if all that somehow happened, why should we take them asylum? They could just go back to where they came from? If a Chinese man isn't allowed into Australia, we don't say "Come here instead", no, we just let him go home.

What a ridiculous proposal.

But where is home? There are thousands of Muslims who have left their home countries tens of years ago, started out families in the US and have nothing at where they came from. Not to mention US born people who lost their parents and now have legitimately no connection whatsoever to any other country. And what about White Muslims?
Original post by Camoron
It has not been confirmed until his actual documents and papers come through

He wouldn't be President, mate. Stop fishing.
Reply 16
Original post by oShahpo
But where is home? There are thousands of Muslims who have left their home countries tens of years ago, started out families in the US and have nothing at where they came from. Not to mention US born people who lost their parents and now have legitimately no connection whatsoever to any other country. And what about White Muslims?

A Muslim would be more easily integrated into an Islamic country than a non-Islamic country. Does not take a genius to come to that conclusion.
Original post by oShahpo

I thought he was going to close the border to new Muslims, not expel the ones who are already there?
Reply 18
He wouldn't be President, mate. Stop fishing.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada and moved to America when he was 4 yet is eligible to run for president so I think you need to take a closer look at the constitution my friend. As long as you have a parent from the USA you are eligible
Original post by Camoron
A Muslim would be more easily integrated into an Islamic country than a non-Islamic country. Does not take a genius to come to that conclusion.

No, it takes a fool. Many muslims would find that way of life horrendous.

Quick Reply

Latest