The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into KCL/Nottingham/Sheffield?

esf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
No university will turn you away. As long as you come out with a respectable 2:1, why should they look away?
Reply 2
Original post by Dnkz7
No university will turn you away. As long as you come out with a respectable 2:1, why should they look away?

Not a long shot at all, apply. I study at Sheffield Hallam too and have just received a conditional offer for a MSc at the University of Leeds.
Reply 3
Original post by Steerm
Not a long shot at all, apply. I study at Sheffield Hallam too and have just received a conditional offer for a MSc at the University of Leeds.

What are you studying atm? Sheffield Hallam is definitely up there with many students, most universities can see this so there is no reason why they don't think graduates will be able to study at top end unis.
Reply 4
Original post by Dnkz7
What are you studying atm? Sheffield Hallam is definitely up there with many students, most universities can see this so there is no reason why they don't think graduates will be able to study at top end unis.

Psychology with an offer to study organisational psychology
Reply 5
Original post by Steerm
Psychology with an offer to study organisational psychology

Well done! What is your offer conditional on?
Reply 6
Original post by T162
Well done! What is your offer conditional on?

Thank you, just getting a minimum of a 2.1 :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Steerm

Just to clarify, is your conditional offer at leeds based on your top 10 modules for both years? Or do they want to see an average of 2:1's on all 12 of the modules from 2nd and 3rd year? I.e do the two modules you drop in the two years count towards your condition offer?
Reply 8
Original post by T162
Just to clarify, is your conditional offer at leeds based on your top 10 modules for both years? Or do they want to see an average of 2:1's on all 12 of the modules from 2nd and 3rd year? I.e do the two modules you drop in the two years count towards your condition offer?

Umm it depends on my degree classification, there is various routes to working this out at my university but mine is likely to be the average of my best 100 credits from 2nd year (25%), and the average of my best 100 credits from 3rd year (75%).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending