The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Hi anyone applied for UWS nursing 2016? I am going to applicant information session this Tuesday afternoon and interview on 2nd March. Any advise for interview? I'm a mature student so but daunted about it all!
Original post by CaitlinN15
That's true, they've really knocked my confidence down if I'm honest. .if they're not willing to support me, then will anyone else? Idk.. I really don't want to go there anymore so I'm guessing going to UCAS is the better bet. It wasn't fair at all, he kept nagging and making notes and he said 'why won't you tell me'...it's ridiculous, my parents aren't happy. .

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was an MMI maybe he was wondering how you would deal with confidentiality if someone one asking about a patient?
Original post by Aislingeh
Hi anyone applied for UWS nursing 2016? I am going to applicant information session this Tuesday afternoon and interview on 2nd March. Any advise for interview? I'm a mature student so but daunted about it all!

Hi, I've applied to mh nursing at UWS in October but still not heard. You've got to have a English and Literacy test and depending if you pass that you then have an individual interview. I know, because of all the other unis nursing interview I've been too, you get given different scenarios as to what you would do, you just explain how you would go about the situation and the interviewer generally asks more questions about your answer and any potential problems that you could face and how you would overcome them. You generally get points depending on your answer (not sure about uws) and you've got to get a certain number of points to get a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faysa
Me too! However, Does it mean that we will get an offer from them.

No idea I'm afraid
Original post by lilibet01
If it was an MMI maybe he was wondering how you would deal with confidentiality if someone one asking about a patient?

Nope because the interview had finished, the bell rang and he said thanks for your time..then he started asking about unis, so it couldn't have been related to it at all. You spend a few minutes after the interview had finished to wait for the next room to be cleared. He also asked stuff about how far i travelled because i was the only English student who was at the interview day yesterday...Idk. .. it's annoyed me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from Southampton yet? :smile:
Does anyone know if calculators are allowed at the nursing selection day at Southampton?
Original post by Jenn84xx
Does anyone know if calculators are allowed at the nursing selection day at Southampton?

No calculators I'm afraid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2789
Original post by elflorblack

Does it mean we will get an interview
Original post by faysa
Does it mean we will get an interview

Another interview? Omg, I hope not! I think they're just gonna consider us like at the end... I really don't know what to expect but see what happens... Good luckk x
Original post by faysa
Has anyone got an idea about what's widening participant candidate means!! According to kings this is what they said on my application

Usually means you come from a part of society where you are far less likely to attend university such as low income household, refugee, estranged.
I'm a care leaver so come under it cus only a tiny percent of care leavers got into further or higher education

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else happen to be applying to nursing with epilepsy or a similar disorder?
Not really sure how unis deal with it except having an oh and how good it has to be to 'pass' totally wrong way to put it but yknow what I mean lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2793
Original post by Swagio
Usually means you come from a part of society where you are far less likely to attend university such as low income household, refugee, estranged.
I'm a care leaver so come under it cus only a tiny percent of care leavers got into further or higher education

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks swagio
Hi everyone,
I've firmed Leeds for adult nursing, how exciting! But, I'm just wondering does anyone know how many weeks long the course is? currently trying to apply for my bursary and that's the only thing I'm struggling with!
thanks!
Original post by jesslew1
Hi everyone,
I've firmed Leeds for adult nursing, how exciting! But, I'm just wondering does anyone know how many weeks long the course is? currently trying to apply for my bursary and that's the only thing I'm struggling with!
thanks!

I don't think you need to know that for the bursary application. You can use it when using the calculator but the application itself doesn't need to know. You input the course details and length in months (36 months/3 years) and I think they sort it out on their end.
Hiya everyone,

I've only just seen this post!
i'm applying for the september 2016 intake for Adult Nursing!

I applied for: UWE, Worcester, Oxford Brookes, Cardiff and Manchester.
I received an offer from Oxford Brookes just before christmas. I've been offered interviews for everywhere apart from Manchester because I was unsuccessful.

I've got interviews for Cardiff and Worcester in the next two weeks, I'm so nervous for them!!

How is everyone else doing?
Original post by HollyA95
Has anyone heard back from Southampton yet? :smile:

I still haven't heard my interview was 3 weeks ago (29th Jan). I have sent them an email as getting so impatient now! When was your interview? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2798
Original post by faysa
Thanks swagio

Do we have a chance of getting invitation from kings?
Original post by omr1995
My interview was 3 weeks ago Friday, I have sent them an email! When was your interview? :smile:

Hey mine was on the 30th of Jan! Getting impatient now haha how did your interview go? I was thinking of emailing them too! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest